2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Back to @Genghis Khan 's thing about the media.

I really don't think anyone really wants to rip into the team for various reasons.

Noobs are going to get stamped out in the cyberworld and the Ernsters rule the landscape.

As for the "legit" media, it is not going to ever change.

The .com guys will not.

The DMN guys will not, especially since most of them are old now and they were never that good to begin with.

The ESPN and that level types are closer to telling the truth, but they present it in such a low brow style that it does not register with the majority of our dumbass fanbase.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I don't think they're actually trying to win this year honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some weird form of punishment for McCarthy (because they were too damn cheap to fire him) and Prescott who they hope to strongarm into a lesser deal.

Truly the dumbest mother fuckers imaginable.

Honestly, that's what it looks like. Who wants to tell them they're dysfunctional? No one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly, that's what it looks like. Who wants to tell them they're dysfunctional? No one.
Since we are being honest, would it matter even if somebody did?

Think about it.

Some yahoo gets up in Old Man Jerry's face or even better, makes Goof Son's fat jowls jiggle.

So what?

Have we ever seen this franchise make smart decisions out of shame?

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Since we are being honest, would it matter even if somebody did?

Think about it.

Some yahoo gets up in Old Man Jerry's face or even better, makes Goof Son's fat jowls jiggle.

So what?

Have we ever seen this franchise make smart decisions out of shame?

You're probably right but it would make me feel better.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That plan is not dumb. It is demented to the point that you question if this is even reality anymore.
Jerry's comments along the lines of "we're going to be here for many more years" at the Combine or Senior Bowl or whatever the hell it was really caught my attention since it was in the context of free agency, Dak, so on and so forth.

I thought it was a curious comment at the time and in hindsight I think it was his way of alluding to being willing to make sacrifices in the name of what they perceive as a road to long-term success.

I'm not sure on the McCarthy angle but I truly believe Stephen thinks he's teaching Dak a lesson by letting the roster fall apart around him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The last few days has really told the tale.

The landscape with available FAs is gone and they are waiting for some cuts, maybe even at the final cuts.

Here is what is left at our positions of need:

View attachment 694591

View attachment 694592

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Now the Joneses are rooting out the floozies who stagger out the back exit and identifying the loose desperate ones who might have a glass eye and a peg leg.
Last fucking call, MFs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure on the McCarthy angle but I truly believe Stephen thinks he's teaching Dak a lesson by letting the roster fall apart around him.
Well hey, after a year of Dak getting his brains beat in, amd a down season, his asking price will certainly come down right?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Back to @Genghis Khan 's thing about the media.

I really don't think anyone really wants to rip into the team for various reasons.

Noobs are going to get stamped out in the cyberworld and the Ernsters rule the landscape.

As for the "legit" media, it is not going to ever change.

The .com guys will not.

The DMN guys will not, especially since most of them are old now and they were never that good to begin with.

The ESPN and that level types are closer to telling the truth, but they present it in such a low brow style that it does not register with the majority of our dumbass fanbase.
The guys on the Fan (2pm - 7pm Gods time) constantly rip the Jones. This even includes your buddy Broaddus. He was actually funny about it today. I know this is a pretty popular station in a good time slot to reach a lot of fans.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The guys on the Fan (2pm - 7pm Gods time) constantly rip the Jones. This even includes your buddy Broaddus. He was actually funny about it today. I know this is a pretty popular station in a good time slot to reach a lot of fans.
I am not up on how the local radio people in Dallas truly operate, but haven’t they always been the irreverent ones with Fake Jerry and so on?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am not up on how the local radio people in Dallas truly operate, but haven’t they always been the irreverent ones with Fake Jerry and so on?
Im not sure about that. I know that there are several different shows on the station and I really havent been listening to them for long. I havent heard any fake Jerry bits but it wouldnt surprise me if they did in the past. Perhaps @Chocolate Lab would know.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’ve heard it too. They seem to be unafraid to bash Jones Inc.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And they play charades with fans like anyone believes the shit they spew.

Top Bottom