2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It already imploded the moment the upstart Packers whipped us in our own house.

I’m just glad they haven’t extended Dak.

Once that money clears the cap in 2025 we’ll be able to start fresh building around Tyler, Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons.

This run is over. I can finally admit it.

I just wish they’d draft the QB this year instead of next and let Dak land us the biggest compensatory pick of all time in 2026.

Does anyone still believe he’s going to win it all? That this front orifice can build the perfect team around him?
If a QB is still available at 24, it would likely be Michael Penix, Jr., who has health issues and needs a strong o-line to protect him, but he is talented. I think some team will buy into the JJ McCarthy hype and overdraft him, and I think the Broncos or Vikings are zeroing in on Bo Nix.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
My plan would be to get Dak to agree to a trade to Minny or another team in need of a QB. Take the picks you get for Dak and rebuild the line with two first. Let lance start and if you stink you get a top five pick next year to grab your QB with a rebuilt line.
If Minny is the suitor, we’d be able to haul multiple first round picks or a 1st, 2nd and top tier player. Even though Dak chokes in the playoffs, he’s still regarded as a top 10 QB, so the payoff should reflect that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once that money clears the cap in 2025 we’ll be able to start fresh building around Tyler, Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons.
You want to know the bad news? Dak will still count 36 mil against the cap in 2025. From a financial perspective, we may actually lower that figure by extending him. I'd rather trade him and bite that money in 2024.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The funny thing is Jerry could change the whole narrative by signing Devin White and DJ Reader. But we won't. You can keep this list going for a week. We won't sign anyone until those players become desperate. And then we will sign a few guys to 1 year contracts on prove it deals. Which of course becomes a problem a year from now when all those guys are free agents again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now I get it.

ALL IN means all in. On all the guys that will be left on this roster.

It all makes sense now and I am at peace.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I’m just glad they haven’t extended Dak.

This run is over. I can finally admit it.

I just wish they’d draft the QB this year instead of next and let Dak land us the biggest compensatory pick of all time in 2026.

I think you're assuming a lot here. They're still extremely likely to extend Dak.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This dumbass Patrik sure has become quite the shill for the organization since they hired him, perfect encapsulation of the demented Cowboys media ecosystem.

But the other guy is right, they usually don't do much externally but they at least bring back some or most of their own. They've let two starters and one borderline starter walk, are seemingly willing to let a third starter in Tyron walk, and they haven't done the first thing about any of it despite needing to remake the defense somewhat under Zimmer.

Now, could they go out and sign DJ Wonnum, AJ Dillon and Blake Cashman while re-signing Tyron and Gilmore?

Sure, that'd be swell, but everyone here knows the chances of that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You want to know the bad news? Dak will still count 36 mil against the cap in 2025. From a financial perspective, we may actually lower that figure by extending him. I'd rather trade him and bite that money in 2024.
Sucks, but 36 is better than 60. A QB rookie deal is net cheaper for sure

Top Bottom