2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Pauline also said if we didn't make a deep playoff run, McCarthy would be fired and Quinn would be promoted to HC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bullshit.
Well it's free agency next. So you know we will be linked to every single top player despite the Cowboys having zero interest. Go to a top 150 list and just cross off the top 50 guys and start there. Even in an agressive offseason I don't expect us to be going for those guys. I get it, we draft too well to pay a guy 20-30 mil in free agency. But give me a few guys between 51 and 150. Grover Stewart, Josey Jewell and AJ Dillon (Part of me wants to roll the dice on JK Dobbins but man the injuries) for example.

I'm not asking for Danielle Hunter. Sure he would be great but unless Zimmer pushes for it, that kind of signing isn't happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All in, buddy.
I mean last time we went all in for free agency we did sign a Chiefs corner to what was a big contract at the time.

But if I remember correctly he certainly wasn't the corner I had hoped for that offseason. I remember thinking, why the hell are you spending that much money on him when you could have xyz. He was a good player though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
you cant rely on draft picks to address all needs. The LB corps needs talent and experience, for example.

It's also a smart conservation of resources because you can probably get solid linebackers without breaking the bank.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom