DEVIN WHITE

JOSEY JEWELL,

BLAKE CASHMAN

DRUE TRANQUILL

Jordan Hicks

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Thoughts on Devin White?
He’s just what we need, and maybe there’s a chance we at least take a look if Zimmer wants him and we can use his signing as an excuse to show Joe Fans just how “all in” we are.

But he’s going to sign for a ridiculous sum we won’t seriously consider.

Damn you Brandon Carr!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, if we spent money, but we don't.
Talented player who has lost some of the dominance he displayed earlier in his career for whatever reason. I think my reservation is he feels like more of a #2 LBer who is going to get paid like a #1 if that makes sense. But I'd sure as hell welcome him in Dallas. Pretty good blitzer as well.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
So what does ALL IN look like for this team?

I'm guessing still skipping the first tier of free agents and maybe one or two second tier pick ups along with the usual bargain shopping.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I'm guessing still skipping the first tier of free agents and maybe one or two second tier pick ups along with the usual bargain shopping.
We dip our toes into FA and sign a player for 5 million.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I expect a decent/good LB FA signing, not a bargain bin dude. Clark and Overshown are not gonna cut it, and LVE is a goner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mean even signing 2 or 3 second tier free agents would be a massive improvement over recent years. No one expects us to go sign guys like Chris Jones for 30 mil a year. Or Josh Allen or Tee Higgins.

But to sign 3 guys after that initial rush of signings would be a significant shift in Dallas. We usually sign basically no one until free agency is over. We value the comp picks more than we do free agents. If we are going all in that has to change.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

To me a "realistic" all-in free agency period would look something like: DJ Reader, Josey Jewell, Mike Danna, Zack Moss

If you want to get really wild throw in someone like Danielle Hunter over Danna but I don't want to go that far since it'd literally be our most expensive FA signing in like 10-15 years.

Top Bottom