2024 2nd Round Pick - Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Central Michigan

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't get why they use landlines that they have to pass around. Why not at least use a speaker phone? Are they that cheap?
Probably a speaker phone would be too loud with all the backslapping going on?

And I wonder if they use a landline just to be sure no cell problems happen. Or maybe they're even afraid of being hacked.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The first call with Jerry he didn't say much, but when the radio guys called him for an interview he talked a lot more. He does seem grounded. I like that he was a track guy. He was a smaller guy when he was younger who grew into his body late. I like that he's not already a multimillionaire NIL guy from a huge football factory. And he looks like he plays super hard and throws his body around like some DEs don't.

But the gut feel isn't logical. Just some guys you feel better about, you know? He's one of those guys.
He was also a consensus top 50 guy and some thought he could sneak into the late first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The sooner this guy gets a role the better. Then he takes over from Lawrence and that Hot Boyz bullshit finally dies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

He got Fuaga pretty good in a 1-on-1 and beat Suamataia in team drills when he barely got off the snap.

I don't think Kneeland will ever be a double digit sack guy but something along the lines of a souped up Dorance Armstrong or a little bit of a poor man's Demarcus Lawrence sounds right. His ceiling is basically Demarcus Lawrence, although he seems like a guy whose floor is not far from his ceiling.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude is strong. But the nice thing is I also think he is really athletic. Very explosive guy who can change directions really well. But he isn't a guy that just tries to run around people. Which is good, those DEs (Looking at you Chop) are liabilities against the run. And they run themselves out of the play a lot. I feel good about this kid. It's not another Golston/Fehoko type. He has some legit talent to be a starter in the NFL eventually.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This game is a perfect example of why stats don't always show the full picture. He had 0 TFL and 0 sacks in this game but if you watch it he made a bunch of splash plays in terms of pressures, collapsing the pocket and stuffing the run.

He's going to be a really good one, his floor is basically Dorance Armstrong and his ceiling is probably something along the lines of a Rashan Gary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This game is a perfect example of why stats don't always show the full picture. He had 0 TFL and 0 sacks in this game but if you watch it he made a bunch of splash plays in terms of pressures, collapsing the pocket and stuffing the run.

He's going to be a really good one, his floor is basically Dorance Armstrong and his ceiling is probably something along the lines of a Rashan Gary.
Do not insult his floor again. It is not proper and you know it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I think the reason Joe Cowboys Fan hates this pick is that they first, they don’t realize we had a legit need at the position and second, they have no fucking idea who he is, so they turn their confusion into anger.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think the reason Joe Cowboys Fan hates this pick is that they first, they don’t realize we had a legit need at the position and second, they have no fucking idea who he is, so they turn their confusion into anger.
People worry about need in a draft too much. What you don't think is a need becomes a need in the blink of an eye. Besides the fact that DE was a need. We had like 10 needs. We did what we needed to which was take best players available.

Mostly people are just pissed We didn't get a good RB. And I get that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea the average fan is very stupid and very misinformed. They're not worried at all about 248 lb. Micah Parsons being overused as a pure edge and the potential long term impact that has on his explosiveness/effectiveness.

That's the main reason I would've been perfectly happy with Darius Robinson in the first and Kneeland is in a similar mold.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the main reason I would've been perfectly happy with Darius Robinson in the first and Kneeland is in a similar mold.
I like the upside more with Kneeland. I would have been upset with Robinson in the first. Although I think Robinson is a more skilled pass rusher today. I just don't see a lot of pass rush upside with him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like the upside more with Kneeland. I would have been upset with Robinson in the first. Although I think Robinson is a more skilled pass rusher today. I just don't see a lot of pass rush upside with him.
I prefer Kneeland in the 2nd vs. Robinson in the 1st that's for sure, although if we had traded down in the first and ended up with everything else the same except Robinson/Suamataia instead of Guyton/Kneeland with our first two picks, I would've still been quite happy.

But I prefer Guyton/Kneeland, for all the talk of Guyton being a project Suamataia got whipped pretty bad a few times last year unlike anything I saw out of Guyton, and he doesn't have the same upside.

Top Bottom