2023 Training Camp Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Correct pronunciation. Second one is directed right to the player.

Ochoa, Youmans, etc, are Cowboys fans who never followed the player at NC and have never spoken to him. They are just pronouncing it how they read it.

It’s Ah-sim/Ah-sum. Not trying to be a jerk but if you are saying Ah-seem you are wrong.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Every cowboys announcer that I've heard has pronounced it Ah-sum, so yeah I think you're right that this YouTuber is just getting it wrong.
That is the way we go as far as I am concerned until I get motivated enough to look up the pronunciation from the press guide and get the truth.

As for that video posted, it was not bad, but dude, it wasn't dominant. He kept talking about strength, all of this natural strength, when most of what he did was look kind of bendy and flexible and a pretty smart blocker.

He looks soft like Steele did in his rookie year and he has that same kind of potential. He is a hard one to read because he lacks grace too, but he generally gets shit done.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As for that video posted, it was not bad, but dude, it wasn't dominant.
The one dude who makes a lot of these and fancies himself an OL film expert called Mazi "unblockable" after the first game. :doh

It's like hyperbole is mandatory with these guys.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is the way we go as far as I am concerned until I get motivated enough to look up the pronunciation from the press guide and get the truth.

As for that video posted, it was not bad, but dude, it wasn't dominant. He kept talking about strength, all of this natural strength, when most of what he did was look kind of bendy and flexible and a pretty smart blocker.

He looks soft like Steele did in his rookie year and he has that same kind of potential. He is a hard one to read because he lacks grace too, but he generally gets shit done.
He's already shown way more potential than shitbird Ball or Waletzko, so that's already a win. The front office has been pretty abysmal with these day 3 developmental OT's.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Fear not, I’m telling you the truth now. It’s Ah-sim/Ah-sum, not Ah-Seem.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's already shown way more potential than shitbird Ball or Waletzko, so that's already a win. The front office has been pretty abysmal with these day 3 developmental OT's.
He looks like you’d expect a developmental 5th round OL who was raw even in college to look when he’s progressing towards being a hit, a successful pick. You are seeing the traits that will be the bedrock of a good player eventually, and those traits are showing up and helping him to not look overwhelmed and completely out of place. You see the ability and know the tools are there.

But he was a fifth for a reason and he’s not ready yet, he has work to do. Still one of our best fifth round picks, along with Bland and Clark from just last year in a long time - probably since Scandrick in 2008.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He looks like you’d expect a developmental 5th round OL who was raw even in college to look when he’s progressing towards being a hit, a successful pick. You are seeing the traits that will be the bedrock of a good player eventually, and those traits are showing up and helping him to not look overwhelmed and completely out of place. You see the ability and know the tools are there.

But he was a fifth for a reason and he’s not ready yet, he has work to do. Still one of our best fifth round picks, along with Bland and Clark from just last year in a long time - probably since Scandrick in 2008.
Yea I'll be curious to see if he can develop more on the interior since LT is obviously spoken for long term, and that's where he's looked best so far.

Either way it's a win, even if he's just a really solid backup LT, especially if he can figure out RT as well. But it'd be really ideal if he can develop into the starting LG.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shitbird.

Gets me every time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yea I'll be curious to see if he can develop more on the interior since LT is obviously spoken for long term, and that's where he's looked best so far.

Either way it's a win, even if he's just a really solid backup LT, especially if he can figure out RT as well. But it'd be really ideal if he can develop into the starting LG.
I think he’s eventually a mid tier starter. I dunno, like a Ron Leary or Doug Free level starter.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
At NC it was Ah-sim (or almost like Ah-sum).

Unless everyone had it wrong at UNC I think this YouTuber just doesn’t know and is mispronouncing it.
News article that I posted had it pronounced as ah-sum. They were talking to him so I assume that is the way

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Y'all need to call the Cowboys front office. Ask to speak to Will McClay. He probably won't return the call, but tell him when you leave a message that the posters on this board have some valuable insights that he and the other scouts and coaches have obviously missed.

Imagine how the drafting prowess of the organization would benefit, if only they knew who to listen to.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Y'all need to call the Cowboys front office. Ask to speak to Will McClay. He probably won't return the call, but tell him when you leave a message that the posters on this board have some valuable insights that he and the other scouts and coaches have obviously missed.

Imagine how the drafting prowess of the organization would benefit, if only they knew who to listen to.

:disgusted

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Maybe you should invite him to the board, Hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom