2023 Senior Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
In any particular order ?
No order but Benton is probably my favorite prospect in the game, followed by Keion White, John Michael Schmitz, Derick Hall, Isaiah Foskey and Luke Musgrave, in order.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No order but Benton is probably my favorite prospect in the game, followed by Keion White, John Michael Schmitz, Derick Hall, Isaiah Foskey and Luke Musgrave, in order.
I think Reed is on my list now. Freaky good and making DBs look silly. Wonder what he would have looked like at Alabama or a real offense vs Michigan State.

Benton is a guy who I really like too. He is what we need at DT. I feel like I find one of these guys at the Senior Bowl every year. But once again, I think he would be a perfect fit on the interior of our D-line that we would never regret picking. Just a mamoth guy, can play NT but can also give you some legit pass rush as well.

After this week I probably could form a list that would not have been my list before the Senior Bowl. Rice may have been the most well known receiver before the week but I'd say now there are at least 3 other receivers that I am more excited to see. Reed is one, Michael Wilson is 2, and Trey Palmer is 3. I'm excited to see Will McDonald who I think is a great fit for Quinn. Adebawore is also an interesting name that has popped up at DT. Sydney Brown as a safety also sounds really intriguing.

Just some names that I'll be watching out for. Dawand Jones is a guy I really look forward to seeing more off. I know he won't be a player the Cowboys draft but man he is just such a freak in terms of size and he isn't just all size. He is a really good player too.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want to see Matthew Bergeron, Will McDonald, Musgrave, the WHITE CORNERBACK and Mauch. Schmitz will be interesting just because he really looks like a player, we ain't thinking about a center.

I am pretty comfortable with how I feel about White. Unless he comes out and dominates, it won't move the needle for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has Cowboys written all over him:

Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
First of all, I believe Wilson is going to be an unbelievable special teams player in the NFL. So, we can start there for his floor as a prospect. But the Stanford team captain proved he can make plays on offense over the last few days, too. He might not hear his name called until Day 3 of the draft, but the team that picks him is going to be happy with the decision.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Nobody watching this? Nothing noteworthy yet.

Jeremiah did say he thought the entire OL for Team White could start as rookies in the NFL. Sure, Jan.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Tulane RB might have something. The Louisville QB at least might have a little ability, even if raw. Haven't seen much else.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Tulane RB might have something. The Louisville QB at least might have a little ability, even if raw. Haven't seen much else.
Spears destroyed USC in their bowl game and made some magic in practices:

He does this dead leg thing where he gets low, drags it on the ground and pivots that just makes defenders lose all track of him. He has done it twice in the game so far.

He is a nasty little player that I would absolutely love to see us draft.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Spears destroyed USC in their bowl game and made some magic in practices:

He does this dead leg thing where he gets low, drags it on the ground and pivots that just makes defenders lose all track of him. He has done it twice in the game so far.

He is a nasty little player that I would absolutely love to see us draft.
He reminds me a little of Aaron Jones, a player I love.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Mauch kid has won every play I have concentrated on him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Mauch kid has won every play I have concentrated on him.
Told you guys he might be the best OG in the class. Torrence is fine too but he's kind of heavy legged, definitely not as athletic and mobile as Mauch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Told you guys he might be the best OG in the class. Torrence is fine too but he's kind of heavy legged, definitely not as athletic and mobile as Mauch.
Torrance just leans on people. Mauch can move if you want him to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like Avila a lot too, has experience at guard and center, very stout in the middle. Probably a backup type plan in the 2nd but an ideal pick in the 3rd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Avila a lot too, has experience at guard and center, very stout in the middle. Probably a backup type plan in the 2nd but an ideal pick in the 3rd.
Agreed and if we were really in the market for a center (which we are unfortunately not), Schmitz.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed and if we were really in the market for a center (which we are unfortunately not), Schmitz.
Yea if center was a need I might even be able to talk myself into Schmitz in the first. With that said, if he's there in the 2nd I'd take him either way and let the chips fall.

That'll never happen because we'll probably have about 3 glaring holes that need to be filled via the draft but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom