2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Then he can be released.

See ya.

I'll take no compensation. I'd rather go 0-17 and have the first pick in next year's draft than keep riding this Prescott train.
And we were lucky to score any points before halftime. If not for the penalty, egg would've been on Dak's face for throwing short of the end zone with no timeouts.

data

Forbes #1
Aubrey missed a kick last night.
Blandino showed his face

All-around no good

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Interesting. Because this is the same complaint that has been plaguing us for over a decade, that defenses know what we are doing.

So how many different OCs can't fix this issue?

Maybe it's the culture or the shitty QB.
I’m thinking it’s more the QB. Some of the throws last night from Dak were horrendous. It’s been said time and time again…the guy simply doesn’t see the field well. Took sacks out of the pocket too when he clearly didn’t need to.
You can win with Dak, but you need a Ravens/Niners type D that can shut offenses down 100% when you have to have a stop. If Jones and the inbred hillbillies won’t commit to that then it doesn’t matter who you bring in as HC.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You can win with Dak, but you need a Ravens/Niners type D that can shut offenses down 100% when you have to have a stop. If Jones and the inbred hillbillies won’t commit to that then it doesn’t matter who you bring in as HC.
And that may not even be possible with a QB making so much money. On a rookie or otherwise cheap deal, maybe.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Interesting. Because this is the same complaint that has been plaguing us for over a decade, that defenses know what we are doing.

So how many different OCs can't fix this issue?

Maybe it's the culture or the shitty QB.
It’s both. Our coaching staffs have been ass for over a decade. The last several play callers we had either never got another job after Dallas, or further proved how shitty they were after leaving. Garrett, Linehan, Moore. I think that was probably less of an issue with McCarthy this year, but at the end of the day he was a retread who had a book out on him as someone who had trouble adjusting and was carried by Rodgers. Dak ain’t carrying shit, so we got what you saw yesterday.

data

Forbes #1
Are we keeping this bitch open for tonight’s chatter or does a new Monday Chatter help us move on

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Dump Dak and roll with Trey Lance. If he can’t play, then draft a QB. Hell, draft a QB this year and every fucking year until you find one who doesn’t melt down mentally when it matters.

That's such bullshit. Dak didn't play well, but he doesn't play defense. No excuses for the defense. Get a stop. Don't allow Green Bay to use up half the first quarter and drive down the filed for an easy TD. And even after a turnover and a short field it doesn't have to be a TD. Hold them to a FG. I mean 1st and goal at the 16 and 2 plays later an easy TD. Right then and there we were in big trouble and there was nothing Dak could've did about it because Green Bay scored the next 3 drives.

The air was out of the defenses sails before this game even started.
He still threw two picks on Dallas’ side of the field. One went for a pick six. You CAN NOT DO THAT if you are a championship caliber QB!!!! No matter what the defense is doing you can’t give the ball away to the other team right after!!

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It’s both. Our coaching staffs have been ass for over a decade. The last several play callers we had either never got another job after Dallas, or further proved how shitty they were after leaving. Garrett, Linehan, Moore. I think that was probably less of an issue with McCarthy this year, but at the end of the day he was a retread who had a book out on him as someone who had trouble adjusting and was carried by Rodgers. Dak ain’t carrying shit, so we got what you saw yesterday.
McCarthy clearly was helped as a play caller by having Rodgers who more often than not bailed the Packers out with his abilities to throw the ball wherever he wanted. He was also great at improvised and broken down plays along with a quick release and the ability to not be fooled by defensive coordinators.
Dak, well he’s neither accurate, strong armed, or intelligent as far a reading defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom