2023 Season | Wildcard Monday | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/15/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also looks like Kelce is done, which in turn means the Eagles will be even more done next year. I doubt they'll even make the playoffs regardless of coach.
I think they have a decent center replacement lined up.

I don't like Hurts at all, but that offense is far too talented... I'd take their WRs, TEs and RBs all over ours, and their OL is still probably better than ours too given how shitty our OL coaching has been... talent is probably similar but they seem to get better results. If they get their defense straightened out I still think they are a playoff team, though I think we are better overall.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think they have a decent center replacement lined up.

I don't like Hurts at all, but that offense is far too talented... I'd take their WRs, TEs and RBs all over ours, and their OL is still probably better than ours too given how shitty our OL coaching has been... talent is probably similar but they seem to get better results. If they get their defense straightened out I still think they are a playoff team, though I think we are better overall.
Jurgens has underwhelmed and if they move him to center it opens up a hole at RG. I'd also take Ferguson over Goedert at this point, Goedert is on the downside of his career.

But yea, they still have a good roster, but a lot of what they've done the last two years has been covering up Hurts with the designed QB runs and the smoke and mirrors passing game. It caught up to them this year and I don't see it getting better as time goes on with their OL deteriorating and the Hurts extension kicking in, not to mention the physical wear and tear on Hurts after so many carries these last few years.

Dak is a shitbird in the playoffs but Hurts is a shitbird all the time.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
NYC sports radio just relishing in the Cowboys and Eagles embarrassing playoff losses and the Eagles full collapse. Rightly so, but Giants fans feel better about their season because of it.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
NYC sports radio just relishing in the Cowboys and Eagles embarrassing playoff losses and the Eagles full collapse. Rightly so, but Giants fans feel better about their season because of it.
Obviously, they can FEEL however they want, but us nor the Eagles loss has any bearing on the fact their entire organization is in shambles. That is a complete clown show. Tommy fuckin cutlets....

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Obviously, they can FEEL however they want, but us nor the Eagles loss has any bearing on the fact their entire organization is in shambles. That is a complete clown show. Tommy fuckin cutlets....
They're still talking about it, taking calls and laughing. Like I said the other day when we all do it it's fine, but when these people do it I can't take it ha.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Philly too... they're still talking way more about Dallas' loss than what happened with their own team. I guess it's a salve for their own chapped ass.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It’s hilarious because Dallas beat the Giants 89-17 — if Dallas is a disaster than the Giants are fing pond scum, not even evolutionary soup.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Now that the dust has settled from last weekend, I look at our team and honestly ask myself "Are we really that talented?" . I don't think we are at all.
I think the season played out exactly as it was supposed to. Yeah, the GB game was a surprise. But I look at our roster and their performance and I'm not surprised whatsoever.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Now that the dust has settled from last weekend, I look at our team and honestly ask myself "Are we really that talented?" . I don't think we are at all.
I think the season played out exactly as it was supposed to. Yeah, the GB game was a surprise. But I look at our roster and their performance and I'm not surprised whatsoever.
Sober assessment.

data

Forbes #1
Cowboys formula for success all season had two main ingredients - Lamb moving the chains and defense/special teams turnovers. Neither happened.

CeeDee had 35% of our regular season passing first downs (80/229).

1st half CeeDee stats. 2 catches, 6 targets. 18 yards. One 1st down. One pick six.

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Cowboys formula for success all season had two main ingredients - Lamb moving the chains and defense/special teams turnovers. Neither happened.
I probably know less about the dynamics of X's and O's than everyone here. But I think I could have come up with a couple of simple gameplans against the Cowboys week in and week out: "Run the ball down their throat, ain't a damn thing they can do about it", "Their run game is a joke, and their O line is overrated. We'll get physical with them and demoralize them.", "Our defense is damn good. We'll keep Dak, Lamb, and Turd reasonably in check. We're good".

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I probably know less about the dynamics of X's and O's than everyone here. But I think I could have come up with a couple of simple gameplans against the Cowboys week in and week out: "Run the ball down their throat, ain't a damn thing they can do about it", "Their run game is a joke, and their O line is overrated. We'll get physical with them and demoralize them.", "Our defense is damn good. We'll keep Dak, Lamb, and Turd reasonably in check. We're good".
It is really simple how our defense gets raped.

If I told you one team is going to play 6 DBs (dime) the majority of the time and the other team is going to line up big with 2 TEs or a RB and FB, who do you think wins that matchup? I haven't played Madden for a while, but you couldn't even get away with that bullshit in a video game.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
It is really simple how our defense gets raped.

If I told you one team is going to play 6 DBs (dime) the majority of the time and the other team is going to line up big with 2 TEs or a RB and FB, who do you think wins that matchup? I haven't played Madden for a while, but you couldn't even get away with that bullshit in a video game.
Right! And why DQ continued doing it is a mystery to me

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Right! And why DQ continued doing it is a mystery to me
It is no mystery. Defense was constructed that way with no foresight for the future or regard to the past. There is no size outside of Hankins who is on the downside. Clark is a good size LB, but his game is still based on speed and he's raw af. Other than that....what is there to counter old school football?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Nah, we're more talented than GB and we certainly shouldn't have gotten boat raced.

They've been a 12 win team 3 straight years with largely the same team. You don't do that without some level of talent.

The obstacle of not being able to get deep in the playoffs is something other than talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is no mystery. Defense was constructed that way with no foresight for the future or regard to the past. There is no size outside of Hankins who is on the downside. Clark is a good size LB, but his game is still based on speed and he's raw af. Other than that....what is there to counter old school football?
It's sad when Hankins is your magic pill to run defense. He is good at stopping the run but I wouldn't even define him as a stud run defender. But I guess when you suck at drafting and developing NTs it's the best you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom