2023 Season | Week 8 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Rams @ Cowboys | 10/29/2023

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hey the Rams are only down 3 Scores. (Aka 24 points when they said

That's a good point. Nowadays "scores" down tends to go by 8s, which I get.

But at some point it's not realistic mathematically.

An 8 point lead is a 1 score game. Getting the 2 point conversion is probably around 50/50.

A 16 point lead is more or less a two score lead. You probably have around a 25% chance to get 2 two points conversions. That's still a decent enough chance to get both.

24 or more point lead? The odds of getting 3 out of 3 or 4 out of 4 or more conversions starts to get very low.

In my mind a 24 point lead is much, much more likely to require 4 scores than 3 to come back. There's probably like a 12% or worse chance of hitting 3 two point conversions in a row.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Or leave him in the slot with Diggs and Surtain on the outsides.
Sure sure sure, no way the Broncos trade Surtain now when they're like technically one game out of the playoffs and seemingly starting to gel a bit though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sure sure sure, no way the Broncos trade Surtain now when they're like technically one game out of the playoffs and seemingly starting to gel a bit though.
Oh that was in jest. We all know just the mention of the price needed would scare Stephen away. Jerry would try to counter offer by doubling it

p1_

DCC 4Life
He played very well on special teams yesterday.

But honestly we should be getting more from him on defense considering his draft status.
Yeah, no second year leap for Williams. He flashed last year. I thought he would step up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Random Thoughts:

-Two of the better games of Dak's career back to back and I don't think it's a coincidence that in both games he's made a conscious effort to make quicker decisions to move and get out of the pocket when he feels pressure. He said the SF game convinced him he had to use his legs more, not sure where he got the idea that he shouldn't be doing that, but whatever. There's a difference between using your mobility to manipulate the pocket vs. looking to run to gain yards (i.e. how he got hurt in 2020) whenever things break down, hopefully he understands that now.
-Inside, outside, doesn't matter, Bland is one of the best day 3 picks the team has made in the last 20+ years. He's not an elite lockdown "CB1" type exactly (i.e. Surtain, Gardner, Ward, etc.), but he's a top end "CB2" with slot versatility, which is obviously ridiculously valuable.
-Gallup is truly cooked, he'll make a few plays here and there as the year goes on but putting up 5/44/0 (with about 4 drops against the Rams) over two of Dak's better games in recent memory is not a good sign. I don't think there's any way you can justify keeping him past this season.
-Still worried about whether we can get "dirty yards" in the run game when we need it, especially considering the instability on the OL (i.e. Tyron), and I think ultimately that is what will sink us in the playoffs.
-Pollard's price tag may be coming down to the point that it makes sense to re-sign him, something like what Miles Sanders got (around 6-7/year) would be fair all around.
-Haven't noticed our ILB's much the last two weeks without LVE, which is a good thing, we'll see how Philadelphia goes.
-I believe we can officially put to rest all the offseason hand-wringing over the kicker spot? From here on out I think we can just assume that Fassel and the staff will be able to find what they need there.
-We're about one god damned serious OL injury for the Eagles away from being the frontrunner for HFA, can God do us a fucking solid with these rabbit foot assholes?

Top Bottom