2023 Season | Week 18 | Saturday Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/6/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, that shit is supposed to be a live ball once it goes ten yards. That and a fucking fair catch in the field of play gives it to them on the 25? Bullshit. You should get a fair catch right where you catch it.
I hate that new rule.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I just watched a clip of a recent hockey fight. When refs finally broke it up, both men patted each other on the head in respect. Why is this not allowed in any other sport?

Yes, I know they do these things in boxing and mma.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just watched a clip of a recent hockey fight. When refs finally broke it up, both men patted each other on the head in respect. Why is this not allowed in any other sport?

Yes, I know they do these things in boxing and mma.

That's hockey for you. Those guys are just on another plane of existence. :lol

Fighters in hockey know why they are on the ice. A lot of the time there really isn't any animosity it's just that they are doing their job trying to fire up their team.

A lot of times it's literally just, "wanna go?" "Sure." Then drop the gloves and go.

But even in hockey they've been trying to get rid of it for years. A lot of people see it as barbaric and think it holds back the popularity of the game. Especially since most of the fighters don't have actual puck skills, the only reason they have a job is to throw their body and or fists around. I doubt most football coaches would want to waste roster spots on guys like that.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
That's hockey for you. Those guys are just on another plane of existence. :lol

Fighters in hockey know why they are on the ice. A lot of the time there really isn't any animosity it's just that they are doing their job trying to fire up their team.

A lot of times it's literally just, "wanna go?" "Sure." Then drop the gloves and go.

But even in hockey they've been trying to get rid of it for years. A lot of people see it as barbaric and think it holds back the popularity of the game. Especially since most of the fighters don't have actual puck skills, the only reason they have a job is to throw their body and or fists around. I doubt most football coaches would want to waste roster spots on guys like that.
Let them fight. Sign Brock Lesnar asap

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Let them fight. Sign Brock Lesnar asap
The real Brock Lesnar would surprise you. He’s not at all what people see on TV.

Well, he wasn’t 15-20 yrs ago, anyway. I admittedly haven’t seen him since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom