2023 Season | Week 18 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Commanders | 1/7/2024

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But I don't want to bring him back if he's thinking he wants to be the lead back again. Love ya Tony, but you gotta go if that's the case.
I don't think he has the personality to demand some sort of a lead back role. I think he is perfectly happy with whatever role he is given. I think he just has a laid back personality.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who had Dak leading the NFL in TD passes before the season? Not too shabby. Although 36 TD passes seems low to lead the NFL.

data

Forbes #1
Who had Dak leading the NFL in TD passes before the season? Not too shabby. Although 36 TD passes seems low to lead the NFL.
Essentially identical passing stats to 2021, even QB rating and ANY/A. However, QBR is significantly better this season. Interesting for stat nerds to dive into....

shane

DCC 4Life
Yeah 1000 yards for a RB in a 17 game season doesn't mean much. Especially when we didn't split the carries up most of the season. I'll take Pollard back on a team friendly deal. I don't think he is worthless. But I'd be looking to get him back to more of the role he had last season and not thos season.
Let Pollard walk, replace him with a couple guys who can split carries with Dowdle for cheap. That would be the smart move.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Told you guys to chill over this game, it was always going to be an ass-whipping.

With that said, the reason it was close longer than it should've been was the same sort of sloppiness we've seen over the last few weeks with dumbass ST mistakes and kind of soft/distracted defense if we aren't getting home with big splashy sacks/turnovers. If either or both of those continue it'll probably be the reason we get bounced in the playoffs (that or McCarthy's ridiculous late game clock management), but I'm going to hold out hope that the playoff defense from last year makes a reappearance.

At any rate, it's awesome to win the division and be the 2 seed after chasing the Eagles all year, and the Rams backups somehow having the fight to come back from 20-7 in a meaningless game was a very nice surprise. Obviously we should beat the Rams if it came down to it, but to me the Packers are a much weaker team and, in my opinion, the preferred team out of the Rams/Seahawks/Packers trio. The Saints would've obviously been awesome but that was never realistic.

Now the team gets to listen to the media squawk all week about the recent playoff history between the teams, how the defense couldn't close out the game in Green Bay last year, how they couldn't stop the run, so on and so forth.

data

Forbes #1
Jameis Winston :lol

Saints winning 41-17 and Saints INT returned to Atlanta 1-yard line with 1:15 min remaining.
Dennis Allen calls QB kneel at the 1.
Saints lineup in victory formation.
Jameis Winston leads team to defy Dennis Allen and run a fake QB kneel for a run play. TD Saints.
Final score 48-17.

Winston's explanation. Gets sociopathic at 1:10. Thankfully he's a football player and not a serial killer.

"At the end? What decision are you talking about"
"Do we regret for scoring 41 points?"
"What about it makes you not feel good about it?"

Last edited:

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
Jameis Winston :lol

Saints winning 41-17 and Saints INT returned to Atlanta 1-yard line with 1:15 min remaining.
Dennis Allen calls QB kneel at the 1.
Saints lineup in victory formation.
Jameis Winston leads team to defy Dennis Allen and run a fake QB kneel for a run play. TD Saints.
Final score 48-17.

Winston's explanation. Gets sociopathic at 1:10. Thankfully he's a football player and not a serial killer.

"At the end? What decision are you talking about"
"Do we regret for scoring 41 points?"
"What about it makes you not feel good about it?"

What? That's wild.
Dennis Allen right now :laff

Top Bottom