2023 Season | Week 17 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Lions @ Cowboys | 12/30/2023 (Jimmy Johnson Induction Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
A lot of people dismiss Lawrence because of the lack of gaudy sack numbers. But he has been a pretty damn good DE his entire time here.
I was pissed when they drafted him because he was very undersized and then (of course) he got hurt right away.

I'd scream at him his rookie season every time he screwed up and no louder than when he fumbled away the go-ahead turnover in the closing minutes vs Detroit in the 2014 playoffs.

Then, the very next play, he flat out won me over for good when he made the most clutch strip sack fumble recovery I can recall the Cowboys making to send the Lions home.

He continued to win me over over the years the way he played the run while consistently taking on much bigger players. When he started racking up actual sack numbers I was joining the chorus of "Pay that man"

Yes, his sacks dropped to nothing after he actually got paid, but he still never let up vs the run and always seems to be there to make plays when we need them. This defense is going to take a step back once he finally retires.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was pissed when they drafted him because he was very undersized and then (of course) he got hurt right away.

I'd scream at him his rookie season every time he screwed up and no louder than when he fumbled away the go-ahead turnover in the closing minutes vs Detroit in the 2014 playoffs.

Then, the very next play, he flat out won me over for good when he made the most clutch strip sack fumble recovery I can recall the Cowboys making to send the Lions home.

He continued to win me over over the years the way he played the run while consistently taking on much bigger players. When he started racking up actual sack numbers I was joining the chorus of "Pay that man"

Yes, his sacks dropped to nothing after he actually got paid, but he still never let up vs the run and always seems to be there to make plays when we need them. This defense is going to take a step back once he finally retires.
He's only 31 so luckily I think he has at least another 2-3 years left.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tank is a good player but definitely not a $100m player if he doesn’t consistently get to the QB.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Tank is a good player but definitely not a $100m player if he doesn’t consistently get to the QB.
This was part of the conversation last time he was up for a new contract. He wanted to break the bank and some of us couldn’t find the tangibles to support it. He definitely has shown out more lately against the run.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What a bunch of cunts. You lost. Get over it.
What about Dak throwing a pick in scoring position and CD fumbling at the 1?

These MF'ers are acting like they outplayed us or some shit when in actuality the Cowboys should have won that game by 10-14.

I would love to play the Lions again as I don't think it would be particularly close.

p1_

DCC 4Life

These MF'ers are acting like they outplayed us or some shit when in actuality the Cowboys should have won that game by 10-14.

I would love to play the Lions again as I don't think it would be particularly close.
and they dont seem to have an issue with Hutch doin his flagrant karate kick at whomever and Hendershit being wrongly accused.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I'm watching the replay now on NFLN. The Lions are very lucky they weren't down 2 TDs at halftime.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm watching the replay now on NFLN. The Lions are very lucky they weren't down 2 TDs at halftime.
If we had gone up 14-3 like we would have about 90% of the time in that situation, I think it would've all started rolling downhill and ended up something like 30-13 or 30-20 at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom