2023 Season | Week 16 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Saints @ Rams | 12/21/2023

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
By the way, this #7 playoff seed and only #1 bye week sucks. Go back to six teams with two byes
Eliminate seeding advantages outside of the club with HFA.

Put all the others, including the WGAS Divisional winners into a full field seeded by overall record and let them play it out.

It is not exactly right when a shit team that wins the NFC South, which is second class football now, to be entitled to a home game.

data

Forbes #1
Eliminate seeding advantages outside of the club with HFA.

Put all the others, including the WGAS Divisional winners into a full field seeded by overall record and let them play it out.

It is not exactly right when a shit team that wins the NFC South, which is second class football now, to be entitled to a home game.
Im a traditionalist when it comes to this. I like the Division winners being #1-4. Reinforces the point of having divisions.

Moving to four divisions made this 'stronger wild-card team' more of a possibility. You didn't have this as much when just three divisions, but alas...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Im a traditionalist when it comes to this. I like the Division winners being #1-4. Reinforces the point of having divisions.
I am all for keeping tradition, but it is ridiculous that a team that has a borderline or nearly borderline losing record gets a home game.

Give them a playoff spot, fine. They were the tallest midget.

data

Forbes #1
I am all for keeping tradition, but it is ridiculous that a team that has a borderline or nearly borderline losing record gets a home game.

Give them a playoff spot, fine. They were the tallest midget.
I wouldn't hate it.

But then the complaints would be us finishing second place 10-7 in a tough division with a head-to-head win over an 11-6 division winner in a cupcake division. What then? We go BCS computers?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't hate it.

But then the complaints would be us finishing second place 10-7 in a tough division with a head-to-head win over an 11-6 division winner in a cupcake division. What then? We go BCS computers?
That is better than some team that couldn't even finish .500 to get anything other than a spot in the tournament.

data

Forbes #1
Nice TD throw by Stafford. Thought he had a HOF chance if he put together another stellar season with the Rams, but appears he's done. But, hey, he got a ring and more fortunate than the majority of legit franchise QBs. Count your lucky stars you got that.

data

Forbes #1
The commercials during NFL games as a collective is at its lowest point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
See that play by Nacua should tell you everything that is wrong.

Great catch. But a flag should have been thrown.

data

Forbes #1
See that play by Nacua should tell you everything that is wrong.

Great catch. But a flag should have been thrown.
He went to the ground. Doesn't he need to survive the ground and basically hand the ball to the ref?

data

Forbes #1
Will the NFL award Buffalo a Super Bowl with their new outdoor stadium?

data

Forbes #1
With Derek Carr and his periodic WTF interceptions, you never get to miss Jay Cutler

data

Forbes #1
Post-Drew Brees, Saints as a franchise faded back into obscurity quickly.

Top Bottom