2023 Season | Week 16 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Saints @ Rams | 12/21/2023

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The only reason I am intrigued by this is that it could be one of our wildcard opponents if we fuck things up.

The Rams have really done much better than I ever thought they could this year. The Saints, well, they hitched their wagon to Mascara Boy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hasn't Bresee been pretty good?

I want to compare him to Mazi. :tippytoe

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I know they had a festival last week, but the Saints feel like they are one spark away from imploding.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The only reason I am intrigued by this is that it could be one of our wildcard opponents if we fuck things up.

The Rams have really done much better than I ever thought they could this year. The Saints, well, they hitched their wagon to Mascara Boy.
We could easily play the Saints if we're the 5 seed or the Rams if we're the 2 seed, not sure what you mean by "if we fuck things up".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hasn't Bresee been pretty good?

I want to compare him to Mazi. :tippytoe
Bresee has been better, but not by a big degree.

The biggest degree of difference is that at least Bresee is showing up. He is part of a rotation, but he shows up with his effort. And gasp, has more tackles behind the LOS and sacks than Taco Mazi.

Yes, they are different types of players. But one has flashed a bit, the other has fans making the excuse that we cannot judge the player until year three.

Where we really missed it was with Keannu Benton. And we had the Turd Ferg recommendation.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How the hell did Nacua make it to the 5th?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Rams seem to be hitting their stride now versus to how they looked even a month ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bresee has been better, but not by a big degree.

The biggest degree of difference is that at least Bresee is showing up. He is part of a rotation, but he shows up with his effort. And gasp, has more tackles behind the LOS and sacks than Taco Mazi.

Yes, they are different types of players. But one has flashed a bit, the other has fans making the excuse that we cannot judge the player until year three.

Where we really missed it was with Keannu Benton. And we had the Turd Ferg recommendation.
I tried to tell you guys about Bresee but nobody wanted to listen. Bresee is primarily an interior pass rusher so it's pretty impossible to compare him to Mazi, but he's been good and looks like he might max out as a 8-10 sack guy one day, would've been a nice fit here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One thing you notice when you see teams like this playing.

A complete lack of public who gives a fuck that ultimately affects how big of a degree the referees make themselves a part of the game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I tried to tell you guys about Bresee but nobody wanted to listen. Bresee is primarily an interior pass rusher so it's pretty impossible to compare him to Mazi, but he's been good and looks like he might max out as a 8-10 sack guy one day, would've been a nice fit here.
I would be surprised if he is a 8-10 sack guy. More like the 5-7 that you pretend is a great interior rusher.

Our issue is we needed a compliment to Odighizuwa and we failed miserably.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would be surprised if he is a 8-10 sack guy. More like the 5-7 that you pretend is a great interior rusher.

Our issue is we needed a compliment to Odighizuwa and we failed miserably.
A DT putting up 5-7 consistently is a borderline Pro Bowler so hey, but we'll see.

And Mazi has statistically been more productive than Jordan Davis as a rookie, who didn't do much either while the light has come on in his second year. Mazi is a disappointment for sure but it doesn't mean he can't still develop into a long-term starter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Rams have done a great job of mining talent without high picks.

That should tell anyone that a focused and well-run scouting department is what makes a real impact.

They did their work knowing they were accountable and didn't have the benefit of the day one and two picks that honestly don't require as much effort.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Rams make it in I think they'll beat either the Eagles or Lions (Stafford revenge angle obviously), which would mean we wouldn't be going to SF in the divisional round. My only concern would be the weather in Philly but I think they're legit a better team than them right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, at least you have come to this level of clarity.
I don't think he's a bust though, not yet at least. I only expected him to play about 35% of the snaps to begin with, although I thought he'd be much closer to Hankins by now, if not better.

But I definitely still think he can turn into a starter, the impossible thing to know is what's going on in his head, which seems to be half the issue.

data

Forbes #1
By the way, this #7 playoff seed and only #1 bye week sucks. Go back to six teams with two byes

data

Forbes #1
One thing you notice when you see teams like this playing.

A complete lack of public who gives a fuck that ultimately affects how big of a degree the referees make themselves a part of the game.
Also notice who's a true ride-or-die Thursday Nighter. I thought @bbgun was. Guess not.

Top Bottom