2023 Season | Week 14 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12/10/2023

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm feeling a lot better about the Giants' chances to take one of their games vs the Eagles.

The Giants offense has shown signs of life with Devito under center. Plus the Eagles defense has been so shaky that I think the Giants could easily put up 24+ vs them.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm feeling a lot better about the Giants' chances to take one of their games vs the Eagles.

The Giants offense has shown signs of life with Devito under center. Plus the Eagles defense has been so shaky that I think the Giants could easily put up 24+ vs them.
I like your optimism. Giants doing us a favor, whodathunk it?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like your optimism. Giants doing us a favor, whodathunk it?
The scrambling ability and speed Devito showed last night also gives me hope. I could see him converting a few crucial 3rd downs with his legs to keep that Eagles defense on the field. The Eagles are one of the worst 3rd down teams in the league so it's not a stretch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The scrambling ability and speed Devito showed last night also gives me hope. I could see him converting a few crucial 3rd downs with his legs to keep that Eagles defense on the field. The Eagles are one of the worst 3rd down teams in the league so it's not a stretch.
The way the Eagles' defense has been freaking out silently all year is suddenly now losing their minds is getting fun to watch.

The loss of both coordinators is coming home to roost for them.

It is not like we all weren't talking about it all offseason.

Lookit, it isn't like Sirianni was the brains of their goddamn organization.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
God, I love this shit. Dak is without a doubt a leader.
I'm not a Super Bowl or bust guy, but we need to take advantage of this kind of year soon. You don't win this many games and have this kind of team chemistry very often. It's gotten to be almost routine the last few years, and it's easy to forget how far from the norm that is.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not a Super Bowl or bust guy, but we need to take advantage of this kind of year soon. You don't win this many games and have this kind of team chemistry very often. It's gotten to be almost routine the last few years, and it's easy to forget how far from the norm that is.
Yea I think we have another 1-2 years of this given the current roster build, and then anything from there is a complete unknown. With that said, if this is more or less the type of play we're going to get from Dak over the next 3-5 years there's no reason we shouldn't be in the mix damn near every year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
youre absolutely right. This is a narrow window were in right now, but Dak appears to be in prime form.
He's got a number of years left ahead (and another lucrative contract), and it will be pretty incredible if this trajectory continues.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Now keep that momentum and energy going on the road in the cold in Buffalo and humidity in Miami

Show us that grass or adverse weather doesn’t turn us utterly ineffective vs good teams.

Then put the Lions in their place and finally put a stake in the Commanders.

Do that, and we’ll not only have won more games than any previous team in Cowboys history, but we’ll be ready for anything the playoffs can throw at us regardless of seeding.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Now keep that momentum and energy going on the road in the cold in Buffalo and humidity in Miami

Show us that grass or adverse weather doesn’t turn us utterly ineffective vs good teams.

Then put the Lions in their place and finally put a stake in the Commanders.

Do that, and we’ll not only have won more games than any previous team in Cowboys history, but we’ll be ready for anything the playoffs can throw at us regardless of seeding.
We played really well offensively against the Eagles on the grass, so there's that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We played really well offensively against the Eagles on the grass, so there's that.
And we should have won that game but we didn’t. We created our own glass ceiling.

I mean who steps out of bounds or totally loses focus in the last critical 30 seconds when by all rights we have then on the ropes?

p1_

DCC 4Life
And we should have won that game but we didn’t. We created our own glass ceiling.

I mean who steps out of bounds or totally loses focus in the last critical 30 seconds when by all rights we have then on the ropes?
We more than atoned for those miscues.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We more than atoned for those miscues.
My point is our recent performances are a start in the right direction.

We have to become the team that knifes opponents in the heart when they fuck up and give us an opportunity 1st and goal from the 5 with 25 seconds left

And we haven’t atoned yet, because that first Eagles has lost us HFA, just like 2014 where the “back problem” Romo games similarly cost us

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

This is exactly right.

I remember thinking in 2014 that not only were we loaded, everyone was in their prime. Our window looked like a good 5 years.

Then we blinked and it was over immediately.

Windows can close shockingly fast.

Strike while the iron is hot.

If we don't win it all this year, this off-season needs to be all in.

All. In.

Sure up every hole. 2 and 3 times over if it's important enough. Throw salary into the future if need be. Shoot your shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom