2023 Season | Week 14 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12/10/2023

p1_

DCC 4Life
My point is our recent performances are a start in the right direction.

We have to become the team that knifes opponents in the heart when they fuck up and give us an opportunity 1st and goal from the 5 with 25 seconds left

And we haven’t atoned yet, because that first Eagles has lost us HFA, just like 2014 where the “back problem” Romo games similarly cost us
I contend that AZ cost us HFA. Huge loss in the race.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is exactly right.

I remember thinking in 2014 that not only were we loaded, everyone was in their prime. Our window looked like a good 5 years.

Then we blinked and it was over immediately.

Windows can close shockingly fast.

Strike while the iron is hot.

If we don't win it all this year, this off-season needs to be all in.

All. In.

Shore up every hole. 2 and 3 times over if it's important enough. Throw salary into the future if need be. Shoot your shot.
I couldn't agree more.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Absolutely.

That's the one game we had no business losing this season.
Every team has a brain fart kind of game for a variety of reasons. Diggs and most of the OL got hurt late in the week— made us vulnerable at a time when we were preparing for a supposed creampuff opponent. Our offense was also still coming together.

That Eagles loss though… there was no such excuse. We fing HAD that game, despite Reddick, despite everything.

Brady/Belichick destroy Philly in that same circumstance, 1st and goal from the 5 with 25 seconds and the clock stopped.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Every team has a brain fart kind of game for a variety of reasons. Diggs and most of the OL got hurt late in the week— made us vulnerable at a time when we were preparing for a supposed creampuff opponent. Our offense was also still coming together.

That Eagles loss though… there was no such excuse. We fing HAD that game, despite Reddick, despite everything.
Agree. Every team has a random weird loss, and the OL was in shambles with three guys hurt late in the week.

I keep thinking how we had first and goal from the four to beat the Eagles in Philly, and didn't get it done.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

Brady/Belichick destroy Philly in that same circumstance, 1st and goal from the 5 with 25 seconds and the clock stopped.
You got a prediction on the possible outcome should we find ourselves in the same city and circumstances in the not so distant future?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Agree. Every team has a random weird loss, and the OL was in shambles with three guys hurt late in the week.

I keep thinking how we had first and goal from the four to beat the Eagles in Philly, and didn't get it done.
If Tyler Smith doesn't false start on 1st down, we win that game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Philly beatdown replay is on NFLN right now in case anyone didn't record it.
What I found interesting watching the replay is that Sirianni looked very subdued pretty much from the start. Just like his team he's a fucking frontrunner who can't stop talking shit when things are going well, but tucks tail when things aren't going his way.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What I found interesting watching the replay is that Sirianni looked very subdued pretty much from the start. Just like his team he's a fucking frontrunner who can't stop talking shit when things are going well, but tucks tail when things aren't going his way.
That dumbass will probably conclude that he needs to go back to wearing his douchy visor and running his mouth to get his team back on track.

Top Bottom