2023 Season | Week 13 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 11/30/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, that was an arrogant dumb play.

How the fuck could poor Jake Browning do anything with that?

data

Forbes #1
ESPN shows his name as Ja’MARR CHASE with the lower case ‘a’

What do you think of that, Boo’ZEMAN

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When Head Coaches start going for 55+ yard FGs, you know they are desperate. They don't have any confidence.

We lived with that fucking shit for nearly a decade. Thank God we had Dan Bailey for a good stretch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ESPN shows his name as Ja’MARR CHASE with the lower case ‘a’

What do you think of that, Boo’ZEMAN
Apostrophes are of no concern.

Now fucking hyphened names.

That tells me that you have:

A) An identity problem.

B) Want to be cute, inclusive or special with what should be simple. It is your goddamn birthname. Adopt a stage name, I would have more respect.

Or both.

Big red flag for me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
13:25 Jason Garrett mention

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Say it every time they play, but Mixon is exactly what we need.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It really is ridiculous how much we wasted on instilling the two-TE offense yet miserably failed.
And that was only to copy the Patriots.

Anyway...

data

Forbes #1
So, Sam Howell no longer leads the NFL in passing yards.

Is it ok for us to say he sucks again?
The Flatty award, called the Alma-Matty, is for blindest devotion to a player from your alma mater.

Sam Howell with Smitty and Jalen Hurts with LT are embroiled in a hotly contested campaign.

LT, though, may prevail as the winner using experience from his previous victory with Demarco Murray

data

Forbes #1
Apostrophes are of no concern.

Now fucking hyphened names.

That tells me that you have:

A) An identity problem.

B) Want to be cute, inclusive or special with what should be simple. It is your goddamn birthname. Adopt a stage name, I would have more respect.

Or both.

Big red flag for me.
Apostrophes are a deal. There’s no hitch or pause when you encounter the apostrophe. could be J’amarr, Ja’marr or Jama’rr. Same shit.

Hyphenated names can serve to acknowledge a family name important to your upbringing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Flatty award, called the Alma-Matty, is for blindest devotion to a player from your alma mater.

Sam Howell with Smitty and Jalen Hurts with LT are embroiled in a hotly contested campaign.

LT, though, may prevail as the winner using experience from his previous victory with Demarco Murray

I'm a Penn State fan and even I don't take up for Parsons as much.

He speaks for himself but still.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apostrophes are a deal. There’s no hitch or pause when you encounter the apostrophe. could be J’amarr, Ja’marr or Jama’rr. Same shit.

Hyphenated names can serve to acknowledge a family name important to your upbringing.
Nah.

It just means the parents were concerned enough to allow the child to use phonetics in their first name. It provided them a sense of freedom and expression.

Now, I realize it may be significant in other cultures, I doubt a jacked up first name in general is carrying on a family tradition. Sometimes it can be cruel result of a kid not being able to spell in the first grade and someone comes up with something that works in terms of how it sounds.

Or sometimes you just name your kid "Nah-Shon" because that is what you say to them all the damn time and then it gets shortened with no apostrophe and it sticks and shit.

I am extremely pleased we have zero (0) hyphenated name players.

Even the apostrophes appear to be under control, so that is also a good thing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Browning already looks better than Devito. And yet I'm going to guess we won't hear the buzz about Browning that we do for Devito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom