2023 Season | Week 10 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Panthers @ Bears | 11/9/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think people honestly got him and Stroud confused because they didn’t study a damn thing other than come to a consensus. And that was supposedly that Young had the it factor. I don’t see that in the least from his play to his demeanor on the field. He looks like a guy struggling to live up to half of what we were told he was good at. And he is still tiny.
I think the problem is he is just too tiny. It's a real struggle for him to see the field and get throwing lanes. The only way he can throw well is to get him on the edges outside of the pocket. That takes a scheme very dedicated to working around a QB's limitations. The only way I really see him succeeding in the NFL is with a scheme that really uses him as a runner with a ton of read option stuff and bootlegs. And at that point I think you've really limited your offense.

Very Kyler Murray like, except not as good looking when he throws the ball. I've never been a big, must be tall to play QB guy, but I think the NFL has gone a little too far. I think you still need a guy who at least sort of meets minimum requirements. 5'9" - 5'10" just is too difficult.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think the problem is he is just too tiny. It's a real struggle for him to see the field and get throwing lanes. The only way he can throw well is to get him on the edges outside of the pocket. That takes a scheme very dedicated to working around a QB's limitations. The only way I really see him succeeding in the NFL is with a scheme that really uses him as a runner with a ton of read option stuff and bootlegs. And at that point I think you've really limited your offense.

Very Kyler Murray like, except not as good looking when he throws the ball. I've never been a big, must be tall to play QB guy, but I think the NFL has gone a little too far. I think you still need a guy who at least sort of meets minimum requirements. 5'9" - 5'10" just is too difficult.
Yep, everyone bashes Kyler, but this guy is like a half inch taller and not nearly the level of athlete.

But the scouts got taken by the Bama thing again. Amazing how often that happens.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, everyone bashes Kyler, but this guy is like a half inch taller and not nearly the level of athlete.

But the scouts got taken by the Bama thing again. Amazing how often that happens.
I mean he was a great college QB. But with the protection he had there he could basically pass or run on any given play. It was much easier for him to find passing lanes or just take off running.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Same thing with Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom