2023 Season | Super Bowl LVIII 49ers @ Chiefs| Gameday Chatter Thread | 2/11/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I still want to know about that first half horse collar on Purdy. So is the nameplate like a facemask now where you can't grab it at all? He didn't even bring Purdy to the ground.
I thought the intentional grounding call against Mahomes was a much worse call.

A WR was literally within 3 yards of the ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the intentional grounding call against Mahomes was a much worse call.

A WR was literally within 3 yards of the ball.
I actually disagree. There was zero effort to complete that pass. Short of the line of scrimmage and out of bounds.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I sure hate to see these SF injuries.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This might be the one Super Bowl that I fall asleep before it is finished.

I realize some might figure this to be a tight duel, but this has been a display of very sloppy football all night.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This might be the one Super Bowl that I fall asleep before it is finished.

I realize some might figure this to be a tight duel, but this has been a display of very sloppy football all night.
Both offenses have looked like turds.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Belichick may have some competition for the defensive genius title from Spags.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I actually disagree. There was zero effort to complete that pass. Short of the line of scrimmage and out of bounds.
What!?!!?

Since when has it mattered if there was an attempt to complete the pass or a need to get the ball back to the LOS if a receiver is nearby?

QBs purposely spike the ball into the ground behind the LOS all the time on busted screens and such. I don't see how that Mahomes' play was any different.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What!?!!?

Since when has it mattered if there was an attempt to complete the pass or a need to get the ball back to the LOS if a receiver is nearby?

QBs purposely spike the ball into the ground behind the LOS all the time on busted screens and such. I don't see how that Mahomes' play was any different.
When you're talking about a guy past the line of scrimmage and a ball that goes out of bounds well short of the line of scrimmage that's intentional grounding. I hate when QB are almost sacks and they just throw the ball to a random spot while a guy pretends like he was in the vicinity. The whole purpose of intentional grounding is that you're not trying to complete a pass.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
When you're talking about a guy past the line of scrimmage and a ball that goes out of bounds well short of the line of scrimmage that's intentional grounding. I hate when QB are almost sacks and they just throw the ball to a random spot while a guy pretends like he was in the vicinity. The whole purpose of intentional grounding is that you're not trying to complete a pass.
Yeah, he double handed it towards out of bounds. It was a good call.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When you're talking about a guy past the line of scrimmage and a ball that goes out of bounds well short of the line of scrimmage that's intentional grounding
Sorry, brother but you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom