2023 Season | Hall Of Fame Game Chatter Thread | Jets vs Browns | 8/3/2023

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They had no interest in a QB in that draft.
Oh right, because they had… An unproven, never even drafted Tony Romo on the bench? 33? year old Drew Bledsoe, whom they’d recently claimed off waivers and had never thrown a pass for them?

They had every reason to draft a QB if a blue chip prospect fell to them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh right, because they had… An unproven, never even drafted Tony Romo on the bench? 33? year old Drew Bledsoe, whom they’d recently claimed off waivers and had never thrown a pass for them?

They had every reason to draft a QB if a blue chip prospect fell to them.
Give the revisionist rage a rest, Ravi.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes Rodgers was supposed to go top 5 or whatever, but no one knew he'd be an all timer. Let's not get revisionist. He wouldn't have fallen in the draft like that if anybody knew what he'd become.

I remember a lot of people here wanted Ware (some people wanted Merriman). I don't remember a single person wanting Rodgers or a QB at all.

This was coming off of a terrible 04 season and we had just signed Bledsoe. We hadn't even seen him in Dallas yet and I guess the assumption was that he'd be pretty good. We also had Henson I believe that we hadn't quite given up on yet. And yes they had Romo.

Honestly I don't think drafting Rodgers changes much, if anything. Swap Romo to GB and we get Rodgers for their entire careers, I bet Romo wins a Superbowl and Rodgers doesn't. Coaching matters. Yes Parcells was here for another 2 years but I think Rodgers needed more time to develop than that.

It's not like in the 80s when we passed on Marino and had shit at QB for the next 6 years. We had a very good QB in Romo. QB wasn't our problem in the Romo era.

Yes in retrospect you'd take Ware and Rodgers in that draft, but passing on Rodgers didn't break us so I don't think it's worth hand wringing over. We did pretty well at QB anyway.

The thing we should be bitching about for that era (and of course have) is wasting almost 15 God damn years on Wade and Garrett.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
he's the new Kenneth Gant! :picard
Don't you dare insult The Shark!

Watching him do his dance at Candlestick towards the end of 92 NFCC was such a rub it in moment.

He lives eternally in my heart because of that moment.

Don't you dare ever compare this two bit thug to him ever again!

:mad

Genghis Khan

If I'm Woodson I'm kind of pissed. Jerry should be stumping hard for him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
wait a minute. this is a make or break year for Dak regarding the HOF?

Genghis Khan

wait a minute. this is a make or break year for Dak regarding the HOF?

I think that's just eternal optimist Jerry bursting at the seams trying desperately not to declare this year's team super bowl favorites.

Top Bottom