2023 Season | Conference Championship Round | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/28/2024

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Feh. Afterthought franchise and fanbase.

I hate when a team goes on a run and commentators fall over themselves trying to over praise them as if they are the patriots.

We didn't get this much love when we won 3 out of 4 super bowls. Hell, all everyone ever tried to do is tear us down.

Genghis Khan

I'm glad KC Baltimore is the early game today. That's the interesting one.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Feh. Afterthought franchise and fanbase.

I hate when a team goes on a run and commentators fall over themselves trying to over praise them as if they are the patriots.

We didn't get this much love when we won 3 out of 4 super bowls. Hell, all everyone ever tried to do is tear us down.
They've been one of the best run franchises over the last 20+ years, and arguably the best if you consider they've almost never had the benefit of a franchise QB like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Packers and so forth. They deserve the accolades and the atmosphere will definitely be nuts there today.

But they're obviously nowhere near legit dynasties in the grand scheme of things.

Genghis Khan

They've been one of the best run franchises over the last 20+ years, and arguably the best if you consider they've almost never had the benefit of a franchise QB like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Packers and so forth. They deserve the accolades and the atmosphere will definitely be nuts there today.

But they're obviously nowhere near legit dynasties in the grand scheme of things.

I think John Harbaugh is a great coach and they are generally well run.

The over the topness is what bothers me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think John Harbaugh is a great coach and they are generally well run.

The over the topness is what bothers me.
It's funny to think back on how close they were to hiring Jason Garrett. That's an all-time dodged bullet.

IIRC, they were pretty set on hiring Garrett heading into the interview process, but Harbaugh wowed them during his interview. While Garrett, to no surprise, didn't impress them.

data

Forbes #1
Anyone else have to turn sideways to walk through doorways?

Genghis Khan

IIRC, they were pretty set on hiring Garrett heading into the interview process, but Harbaugh wowed them during his interview. While Garrett, to no surprise, didn't impress them.

It's much worse than that.

They offered him the job and he turned it down.

Anytime anyone thinks the Ravens are amazingly run, remember how lucky they were that Garrett (and probably Jerry's checkbook and promise to be our next HC) saved them from themselves.

Stars

DCC 4Life
The ravens kc game isn't going to be close. One team has a running back playing quarterback. The other has Patrick Mahomes. I'm not falling for the ol' banana in the tailpipe "ravens are really good" this time, trick again. Frauds.

Genghis Khan

The ravens kc game isn't going to be close. One team has a running back playing quarterback. The other has Patrick Mahomes. I'm not falling for the ol' banana in the tailpipe "ravens are really good" this time, trick again. Frauds.

I think it'll be close but I agree about Jackson and I think KC has a real chance. The problem is that this isn't the same KC team of years past so they could crater.

data

Forbes #1
Kickers pregame getting too uppity. Should’ve curbstomped Robbie Gould when he wouldn’t move during pregame playoffs 2021 in our own stadium

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

Kickers pregame getting too uppity. Should’ve curbstomped Robbie Gould when he wouldn’t move during pregame playoffs 2021 in our own stadium

I noticed no one was there to stick up for him either, which is interesting.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Aw why not? It's going to be a great day on the gridiron.
We can still enjoy GOOD football. Just because our team is t made for playoff football doesn’t mean shit .

data

Forbes #1
DCC Playoffs Competition
#1 @shoop (18 points). Active: Lamar Jackson, David Montgomery, McCaffrey, Kelce

#2 @Genghis Khan (13). Lamar, McCaffrey, Pacheco, Amon-Ra St. Brown

#3 @Rev (12). Lamar, McCaffrey, Pacheco

#4 data (11). Mahomes, Montgomery, McCaffrey, Likely

#5 @boozeman (8). Mahomes, Montgomery, Aiyuk

Last Place @Cotton (6). None

Top Bottom