2023 Roster Predictions Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
don’t need a fourth TE or a 6th safety. Keep Cox.
Went heavy at S because a lot of the time they use 3 on the field at the same time. Traditional LB is a dying breed imo. Replaced by hybrid type safeties.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Luepke seems like a natural fit for McCarthy's scheme. It'd be short-sighted not to work him in. He adds more than McKeon.
Yeah but McKeon has demonstrated the ability to block.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I forgot about him already. Looked through the unofficial depth chart and he wasn’t on it.
He is suspended for 2 games, so he doesn't count until week 3. Until then it's like he isn't here.

ZeroClub

UFA
Luepke had 58 rushing yards and averaged 5.8 per carry. He caught 5 passes for 60 yards and one touchdown. He blocked well too.

He's not a flashy player, but I'd take those numbers from a role player any day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

All of the talk about Luepke, he might be the one who would get snatched up if waived.
So, what's the difference between a "pressure" and a "hurry"?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I meant to mention that, does Sam's dumbassery play into keeping Land? Jerry said he didn't expect Sam to get suspended, but is that realistic?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, what's the difference between a "pressure" and a "hurry"?
It all depends on the service.

The way I understand it, a hurry is where the passer is forced to throw the ball earlier than intended or chased out of the pocket. If this happens and the defensive player is a yard or so away from them, they record one. A pressure could be a combination of sacks, hurries and hits on the QB.

In other words, is it a pretend set of stats that really are too subjective to be taken all that seriously.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In other words, is it a pretend set of stats that really are too subjective to be taken all that seriously.
This is why I asked. Seems like the same thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom