2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

A lot easier to move on when you don't make the playoffs. I don't think they'll regret it since they weren't exactly killing it with him. But they certainly aren't getting better at QB without him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot easier to move on when you don't make the playoffs. I don't think they'll regret it since they weren't exactly killing it with him. But they certainly aren't getting better at QB without him.
Yeah seems like teams are more willing to move on from a QB than ever. I'm sure that will have some wishing Dallas would do the same with Dak but yeah teams aren't just satisfied with Carr putting up good stats but not getting the team anywhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have two QBs maybe you really don't have any. If Zap is that close to Mac Jones that speaks more to me about Mac Jones ability than it does old Zap's. I don't think anyone considers that team a legitimate contender with either QB but maybe I'm wrong. I'd keep swinging if I were the Patriots.

Genghis Khan

Yeah seems like teams are more willing to move on from a QB than ever. I'm sure that will have some wishing Dallas would do the same with Dak but yeah teams aren't just satisfied with Carr putting up good stats but not getting the team anywhere.

Yeah some people will but they'll conveniently leave out that Rodgers is a decade older than Dak. That makes the situation vastly different. The Packers wouldn't be moving on from a 30 year old Rodgers (ie. Dak's age).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah some people will but they'll conveniently leave out that Rodgers is a decade older than Dak. That makes the situation vastly different. The Packers wouldn't be moving on from a 30 year old Rodgers (ie. Dak's age).
This is also correct. I think it may be the right move for the Packers. Their team just isn't that talented. By the time they are talented enough to win a Superbowl Rodgers is gone anyway. Get what you can for him (If he still wants to play) and boost that rebuild process. And in the mean time at least find out if Jordan Love can be one of these cheap QBs who can win with a bunch of talent around them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I would seriously consider trading them #26 on draft day if I did not like what I saw.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
On Rodgers, I was listening to some national sports talk in the car and some Fox insider guy said some with the Packers were really high on Love and couldn't wait for Rodgers to go.

I think they've been spoiled so long they've forgotten what bad QB play is like. Personally I don't think Love has anything and they're in for a rude awakening. Can't wait.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would seriously consider trading them #26 on draft day if I did not like what I saw.
I'd be hesitant to give up #26 for him mostly because he has been in the league 3 years and hasn't cracked 1000 yards. Now I certainly think he would with us or at least could but it's hard knowing that after year 4 he's going to want to be paid at the same time as Lamb. Still for 1 year it would be a lot of fun. Just probably not pick 26 fun. On the plus side he is a developed receiver and you're not waiting a year or two for him to develop like you may with a rookie.

Genghis Khan

I would be interested but nowhere near that price. I don't think he's ever had a 1000 yard season and I believe he's going to need a new contract soon.

I think I wouldn't give up more than a 4th for him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Zap Bailey? :picard

Tell me you've never heard of the player without telling me you've never heard of the player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Zap Bailey? :picard

Tell me you've never heard of the player without telling me you've never heard of the player.
I don't know. Bailey Zappe and Zap Bailey are pretty close together on the keyboard.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If you have two QBs maybe you really don't have any. If Zap is that close to Mac Jones that speaks more to me about Mac Jones ability than it does old Zap's. I don't think anyone considers that team a legitimate contender with either QB but maybe I'm wrong. I'd keep swinging if I were the Patriots.
I'll give Mac Jones the benefit of the doubt since he was saddled with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge.

Bill O'Brien should be a significant upgrade. Kinda like when Daniel Jones went from Garrett to Daboll.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd be hesitant to give up #26 for him mostly because he has been in the league 3 years and hasn't cracked 1000 yards. Now I certainly think he would with us or at least could but it's hard knowing that after year 4 he's going to want to be paid at the same time as Lamb. Still for 1 year it would be a lot of fun. Just probably not pick 26 fun. On the plus side he is a developed receiver and you're not waiting a year or two for him to develop like you may with a rookie.
Just looking at this draft class at WR makes me nervous. The FA group isn’t much better.

Yes, the first is high. I understand that but this class is sooo weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom