2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we finish with less than 10 wins this year, I doubt we make the playoffs.

It often is a luck of the schedule draw.

We play the AFC East this year which seems pretty stout.
We won't finish with less than 10 wins unless we have a disastrous injury situation, but the tougher schedule could fuck us in terms of possible HFA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We won't finish with less than 10 wins unless we have a disastrous injury situation, but the tougher schedule could fuck us in terms of possible HFA.
That is the whole point. HFA is crucial.

Then again, we had it several times over the Phillips and Garrett eras and it didn't seem to matter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am aware of that.

I dunno. It just seems we have a lot of special contingency plans all over the place, all over the roster.

If things do not click right, it might not end up as good as we think.
I mean Lewis is your fourth corner/backup slot guy. I mean how deep do you need to run in the slot? I think the bigger idea is if an outside corner goes down you don't have to move Bland outside.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, don't slander Anthony Brown like that. He was a good player, a starter on a very good defense. If this guy were that good, Miami wouldn't give him away. Owning's description sounds more like Joseph himself.

BTW, heard Owning interviewed on the Fan and he sounded like a dickhead.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't like Brown when he was here (he's still a FA right now by the way, which is telling given it's an in demand position). But part of the problem is that he was a starter pretty often. He's more like a 3-5 corner who can give you some snaps against an opponent's lesser WRs. He was miscast as a starter.

CB 4 or 5 is more or less the role for noah igbinoghene right now so I'm not terribly concerned about it. There shouldn't really be a scenario where we need him against a WR 1 or 2.

ZeroClub

UFA
I didn't like Brown when he was here (he's still a FA right now by the way, which is telling given it's an in demand position). But part of the problem is that he was a starter pretty often. He's more like a 3-5 corner who can give you some snaps against an opponent's lesser WRs. He was miscast as a starter.

CB 4 or 5 is more or less the role for noah igbinoghene right now so I'm not terribly concerned about it. There shouldn't really be a scenario where we need him against a WR 1 or 2.
I thought Brown was a competent player during most of his career. Not great, not terrible. Toward the end of his time in Dallas, I thought his performance dropped off.

Noah Igbinoghene played WR in high school and during his freshman year at Auburn, then switched to CB. Diggs made a similar transition. Maybe Igbinoghene will learn useful things from Diggs and Gilmore. Can't hurt. I'd rather give him a try than continue on with Joseph given that Joseph has already proven himself prone to boneheaded mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom