2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is no option other than to stick with Prescott.

There is a significant fantasy that exists where we as fans think rationally and it suggests that the Joneses could one day think in the best interests of the franchise, interests other than their own.

Then there is the stark sad cold reality where options don't exist.

They've already made their beds and now they will roll around in it for the foreseeable future.
This is exactly where we are at. Dak is a Cowboy and I bet he will be until he retires.

We as fans are just held hostage but hey uncle Jerry feels bad for us.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
There is no option other than to stick with Prescott.

There is a significant fantasy that exists where we as fans think rationally and it suggests that the Joneses could one day think in the best interests of the franchise, interests other than their own.

Then there is the stark sad cold reality where options don't exist.

They've already made their beds and now they will roll around in it for the foreseeable future.
There is a difference between the joneses won’t do it and it isn’t possible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is a difference between the joneses won’t do it and it isn’t possible.
Yes, one is fantasy land and the other is reality.

We should all at least realize that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Exactly why most of us have lost the “die hard fan” part that I think we all had at one point.
I'm just as die hard as I've ever been. Still read and watch everything I can to learn more about the team. Never miss a game. Emotions get high during a game. But when the game is over, so are they.

I just choose not to be miserable if things don't go the way I want them to. Or insist on making others miserable because I'm unhappy with the way things go. It's entertainment. Not life.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've always been a fan of his even after his ability declined because I loved his effort and his professionalism combined with the fact that while he was no longer elite, he did still help the team on the field more than people were willing to admit.

However, those days are over. The Zeke we saw throughout the second half of the season looked like a finished player, and this is after getting a few weeks rest due to injury as well.

It's time to cut him, not bring him back for cheap. Outside of blocking, Malik Davis can give you everything he can and do it better.

Goodbye, Zeke.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I've always been a fan of his even after his ability declined because I loved his effort and his professionalism combined with the fact that while he was no longer elite, he did still help the team on the field more than people were willing to admit.

However, those days are over. The Zeke we saw throughout the second half of the season looked like a finished player, and this is after getting a few weeks rest due to injury as well.

It's time to cut him, but bring him back for cheap. Outside of blocking, Malik Davis can give you everything he can and do it better.

Goodbye, Zeke.
And Davis didnt get shit after TP went down. Just more of plodder Zeke. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I appreciate it. I'd love if you could come back and be a goal line, third and 1 RB for the vet min. But Jerry and this team will never relegate him to RB3 status and he just isn't anything more than that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

It's time to cut him, but bring him back for cheap. Outside of blocking, Malik Davis can give you everything he can and do it better.

Goodbye, Zeke.
I think it's very strange that several media people, the DC.com guys, etc. say he's seen as a huge locker room leader.

While he does play hurt and is tough, we know he's not the most professional off the field. I have to wonder if part of the reason the players look up to him is that he scored that bag from Jerry. Which of course should not be the main goal for the players.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How many late round/FA QB's have been successful besides Tom Brady?

QB, especially today, is one position where arm strength and accuracy, the foundations of pedigree, matter. Romo had an average arm, Dak does too, and is even less accurate in terms of ball placement.

You know who don't have weak arms... high draft picks like Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many late round/FA QB's have been successful besides Tom Brady?

QB, especially today, is one position where arm strength and accuracy, the foundations of pedigree, matter. Romo had an average arm, Dak does too, and is even less accurate in terms of ball placement.

You know who don't have weak arms... high draft picks like Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow.
Burrow's arm strength is average. Same range as Daks. But his release, anticipation and accuracy are elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom