2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He might be retiring or he might be laying strategy for his current divorce proceedings. I don’t know where he is with the process but he reportedly took a $70,000.00 a month apartment lease which potentially could be a ploy to say his expenses have increased as his income has lowered so his proceedings should take that into consideration as to support payments. In addition if he can get his settlement done quickly enough He could possibly negotiate a contract to play again and that income would potentially be shielded from the ex wife. Its just thinking out loud on my part.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This sounds a little better than the other posts.

Yea, to me "working financially" means a pay cut down to like $2-3 million. If we can get him to agree to essentially a 1 year deal for like $3 million, that's better than cutting him and only saving like $5 million in cap space while still having dead money on the cap next year.

Reducing his salary to $3M would save us 13 against the cap.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

That's why people fixate on the championship games. Sure you are not going to win a lot of super bowls. We haven't won one in 27 years and counting and yet we've still won something like the 3rd most. SF hasn't won in even longer and they're still tied with us.

But that's why signs of progress and signs that you're on the right path and you're close (like being in championship games) is so important.

And we've been bottom of the barrel in that department with the likes of Cleveland, Washington and Detroit.

Zero appearances. Zero.

That matters too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yea, to me "working financially" means a pay cut down to like $2-3 million. If we can get him to agree to essentially a 1 year deal for like $3 million, that's better than cutting him and only saving like $5 million in cap space while still having dead money on the cap next year.

Actually I'm hoping the negotiation is more like "Take the minimum or GTFO" :unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Progress stopper

Love what he did in 2016, but his show needs to go.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The last month or two he's been way worse. He wore down at the end last season also.
And the last few training camps when these lying codsacks go on about "best shape of his life."

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
alright!!! Modernizing from 1992 offense to 2007!
McCarthy offense will be 10 times better than the shit Wonder Boy threw out every week- I think the WR routes McCarthy likes just in itself will get guys wide open. McCarthy seemed to be able to plug and play WRs thru the years he ran the Packers offense. Obviously having Rodgers helps tremendously but he still used some really nice sets against the Cowboys when we played against him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom