2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Level of extreme fucking dominance:

LA >>>>>>>> Martin
This shit is just getting fucking ridiculous now. What is with the retarded hyperbole needed to shit on current players just to prop past players? Yeah, Larry Allen was all world. But so is Martin. Their playing styles differ, but they BOTH are all time dominant. I’m of the opinion that Allen was the better player, too. But they’re a lot fucking closer than >>>>>>>>. Jesus Christ. :lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This shit is just getting fucking ridiculous now. What is with the retarded hyperbole needed to shit on current players just to prop past players? Yeah, Larry Allen was all world. But so is Martin. Their playing styles differ, but they BOTH are all time dominant. I’m of the opinion that Allen was the better player, too. But they’re a lot fucking closer than >>>>>>>>. Jesus Christ. :lol
Agreed.

I wish we could manipulate time and have them play at the same time. That would have been something else.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Agreed.

I wish we could manipulate time and have them play at the same time. That would have been something else.
Holy shit, can imagine Allen and Martin on the field at the same time? My goodness.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hyperbole is a great response to a few selected stats.

I can call Larry the far better player without any need to ‘shit’ on Zack— those are your words.

Zack is a beast

Larry was a monster

Interpret how you will

p1_

DCC 4Life
yeah, there's not much room above Martin's level to Allen.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
You make it sound complex. It's much simpler than that. Every human being has biases. In general officials tend to have a bias against us. Not every crew and not every week. But there is a reason why calls over time tend to favor some teams and not others. It's just a bias that officials have.
So you'd think there would be a discernable, provable pattern to something like that. If someone took the time to go back over tapes and analyze calls over, say, four or five seasons and show that a pattern of calls disadvantaged some teams and benefited others, that would be a blockbuster news story. Fans in the cities of the disadvantaged teams would go berserk. The NFL league office would have a serious problem on its hands.

When you say, "In general officials tend to have a bias against us" you need to prove that, have some basis for it. You can't just make a casual, rash generalization like that and expect anybody with any brains or judgement to accept it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you say, "In general officials tend to have a bias against us" you need to prove that, have some basis for it. You can't just make a casual, rash generalization like that and expect anybody with any brains or judgement to accept it.
Really? Different coaches, different players, and we continually rank near the bottom of the NFL in the difference between penalty yards against and penalty yards for. This isn't some sort of new concept. The numbers have been posted many times.

The Steelers on the other hand annually rank near the top.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Really? Different coaches, different players, and we continually rank near the bottom of the NFL in the difference between penalty yards against and penalty yards for. This isn't some sort of new concept. The numbers have been posted many times.

The Steelers on the other hand annually rank near the top.
Last ten years, in yardage differential, the Cowboys have been positive 3 or 4 times. All by 22 points or less. Pittsburgh was negative once and most years they are in the positive by hundreds.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Kind of like D Hop. I don't think he fits with the current build of the team. I assume RBs are Pollard, Jones, Vaughn, and Luepke unless something happens. One of those may be replaced by Davis/Dowdle but I don't see the "braintrust going out and getting Henry and dumping what we have.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Kind of like D Hop. I don't think he fits with the current build of the team. I assume RBs are Pollard, Jones, Vaughn, and Luepke unless something happens. One of those may be replaced by Davis/Dowdle but I don't see the "braintrust going out and getting Henry and dumping what we have.

Henry over Jones would be a massive upgrade. But what would it take to get Henry? I doubt I'd be happy to give up even a decent draft pick.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Henry over Jones would be a massive upgrade. But what would it take to get Henry? I doubt I'd be happy to give up even a decent draft pick.
I would too but you know this front office isn’t going to trade for him over starting what we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom