2023 Free Agency Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That guy has perfected the art of the modern backup NFL QB.

He is a guy that is humble in the locker room, good ol' swell guy. Can look okay for brief moments but then spazzes out eventually.

He is even better than Garrett.

It appears the redheaded thing is not to be discounted. He is following in the footsteps of his ancestors.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That guy has perfected the art of the modern backup NFL QB.

He is a guy that is humble in the locker room, good ol' swell guy. Can look okay for brief moments but then spazzes out eventually.

He is even better than Garrett.

It appears the redheaded thing is not to be discounted. He is following in the footsteps of his ancestors.
I'm guessing he doesn't mind the mentor role either. Which makes him a good fit for these kinds of jobs. He is there to help the new kid when they get him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm guessing he doesn't mind the mentor role either. Which makes him a good fit for these kinds of jobs. He is there to help the new kid when they get him.
It is a paycheck. And a nice one if you are not a retard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The 49ers have made some shock and awe moves but it is pretty clear they are going to be a very very different defense under Steve Wilks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The 49ers defense is getting eaten alive. The big headliner of course is that they signed Hargrave so their DL could be back to looking fearsome like when they went to the Super Bowl with Bosa/Armstead/Kinlaw/Hargrave, but they've quietly lost a lot of their roleplayers/depth on defense who played big roles last year.

Charles Omenihu, Samson Ebukam, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jimmie Ward, Hassan Ridgeway.

Omenihu, Ebukam and Ward in particular are very important. Ward was basically the leader on the backend and versatile enough to play safety or in the slot, while Omenihu/Ebukam were 2nd/3rd on the team in sacks after Bosa.

They still have plenty of talent but I don't think they're going to be good enough defensively with a new DC to make up for the fact that their offense is going to struggle whether it's with Purdy or Lance.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The 49ers defense is getting eaten alive. The big headliner of course is that they signed Hargrave so their DL could be back to looking fearsome like when they went to the Super Bowl with Bosa/Armstead/Kinlaw/Hargrave, but they've quietly lost a lot of their roleplayers/depth on defense who played big roles last year.

Charles Omenihu, Samson Ebukam, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jimmie Ward, Hassan Ridgeway.

Omenihu, Ebukam and Ward in particular are very important. Ward was basically the leader on the backend and versatile enough to play safety or in the slot, while Omenihu/Ebukam were 2nd/3rd on the team in sacks after Bosa.

They still have plenty of talent but I don't think they're going to be good enough defensively with a new DC to make up for the fact that their offense is going to struggle whether it's with Purdy or Lance.
I was just about to post this about Omenihu. He is a hungry player and still getting better. Same for Al-Shaair.

This isn't going to be anything like what Ryans was putting out there from a talent perspective.

Wilks is going to have a lot of holes to fill and they must be ready to load up in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Damn. I thought they all but cut him mentally.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
1678883144373.png

Top Bottom