2023 Cowboys UDFA Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If he can be a more agile runner than Moose, then that would be great for us in short yardage as we no longer have anyone with those characteristics in our backfield right now.
He can be our power back. A guy that gets 6-8 carries a game, if not more. Maybe even the guy that burns clock for you late in games. Never had a problem securing the ball during tough runs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He can be our power back. A guy that gets 6-8 carries a game, if not more. Maybe even the guy that burns clock for you late in games. Never had a problem securing the ball during tough runs.
What are his blocking and protection skills like.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What are his blocking and protection skills like.
Like I said earlier, he didn’t do it much considering he was NDSU’s main weapon out of the backfield, but he can do it. He blocked on the move fine for the Bison’s other backs when called upon. And his pass blocking looked fine. I’m sure there will need to be work done to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but I don’t think that’ll be a problem.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

stubbie

Not So New Member
It will be interesting to see what RBs make the cut this year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Like I said earlier, he didn’t do it much considering he was NDSU’s main weapon out of the backfield, but he can do it. He blocked on the move fine for the Bison’s other backs when called upon. And his pass blocking looked fine. I’m sure there will need to be work done to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but I don’t think that’ll be a problem.
It looks like Kobe Johnson was the lead horse.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But not excited enough to draft him over some who gives a shit WR in the seventh.
In the 7th, teams a lot of times will draft a guy they want but don’t think they could sign as a UDFA over a guy they think they have a good shot of signing. Don’t shit yourself, teams talk to these guys through the whole process. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The talent at that point is pretty muddled together anyway, scouting wise.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hey, uh, yeah. Hello! Can you hear me? Good! Hey, long time listener, first time caller.

How was his lead blocking? You said he did okay pass blocking, was that in the backfield or in-line. Was he used in-line much. Thanks for all that you do, I will take your call off the air.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate getting excited about UDFA but there are a number of names I really like here.
Each class of UDFAs there are usually a few "names", then you see the Dennis Houstons make it.

So who knows. I do believe at least three make it to the practice squad, Luepke should make the active roster.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey, uh, yeah. Hello! Can you hear me? Good! Hey, long time listener, first time caller.

How was his lead blocking? You said he did okay pass blocking, was that in the backfield or in-line. Was he used in-line much. Thanks for all that you do, I will take your call off the air.
He did lead block some and looked to do fine. NDSU is a power running team, and used multiple looks and backs. Leupke wasn’t called on to lead block a lot, but when he was he looked decent more often than not.

Thanks for calling.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He did lead block some and looked to do fine. NDSU is a power running team, and used multiple looks and backs. Leupke wasn’t called on to lead block a lot, but when he was he looked decent more often than not.

Thanks for calling.
So, Moose Johnston is not the comp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Thanks for calling.
Hold on...what about his in-line blocking? Is he comfortable functioning like an H-Back, but then deploying at the line of scrimmage?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Moose actually ran the ball a lot at Syracuse.
He did. I don't think I ever saw him play in college. But I read that in the Blue Book.

Then I saw him trying to run in the pros and being a little confused.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom