**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't use it, to be clear. But I feel like grammatically it's fine. It's just typical slang that was clever when the first person used it, but is unoriginal and lazy when a million people use it.
Oh, okay. You have redeemed yourself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyways, back on topic.

My preferred order by position:

OG
DE
RB
DT
TE
ILB
QB

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because there are a limited number of them and I don’t think they should force it early.
It is still a greater need. And, to me, it's not close.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is still a greater need. And, to me, it's not close.
Of course it is a need. What you are basically telling me though is great, let’s bank on Mazi Smith because it is basically a one man show for what we appear to be looking for.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Did Brandin Cooks die?
LOL, no, he's Anthony Miller to me until he isn't.

It's partly because Cooks is on his 4th team, partly that I'm unsure of Dak's chemistry with not only Cooks but maybe speed guys in general until it's proven, and partly because when was the last time we got lucky like that?

There's a knack for getting the most out of a speed WR, and it has a lot to do with timing and accuracy and also arm strength for when they break it really deep. Dak is not known for the first two, and is solid but not special on the last. He is more of a TE and big WR guy.

At least I have at least some confidence that Brian Schottenheimer knows what he's doing based on his success with Tyler Lockett

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It's partly because Cooks is on his 4th team, partly that I'm unsure of Dak's chemistry with not only Cooks but maybe speed guys in general until it's proven, and partly because when was the last time we got lucky like that?

There's a knack for getting the most out of a speed WR, and it has a lot to do with timing and accuracy and also arm strength for when they break it really deep. Dak is not known for the first two, and is solid but not special on the last. He is more of a TE and big WR guy.

At least I have at least some confidence that Brian Schottenheimer knows what he's doing based on his success with Tyler Lockett
Why does the opinion on Schottenheimer’s kid seem to be elevated these days? To me, he is the same guy he has always been, definitely not top shelf.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because there are a limited number of them and I don’t think they should force it early.
Who are those players teams will want to trade into the bottom of the first to get and insure a 5 year contract?

That could get us into the top of the second round.

But I'm not overly concerned about overdrafting a guy we need by 10-15 spots.

The picks from 25-45 are about the same every year, and this year is no exception, so why not grab that DT?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why does the opinion on Schottenheimer’s kid seem to be elevated these days? To me, he is the same guy he has always been, definitely not top shelf.
I was only talking about his ability to properly utilize a guy like Cooks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I think he'll be like a much better TY Hilton who plays all year. Dak did okay with him.

I like the Shotty/Lockett point, though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He did great with Cole Beasley and Randall Cobb. We just don't usually use smaller receivers. Hell he even had some good moments with Hilton last year.
Good call re: Cobb. Beasley I think is very different and ran very short patterns when he was here, but Cobb might be just the right comparison with Cooks being about the same age (as Cobb when he was here) though faster.

Cobb was part of a nice little four-headed monster with Witten/Jarwin, Cooper, and Gallup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom