2023 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There could be some truth to this. But I will point out that in Grinch's one year at Ohio State their defense

They were consistently a top 5-10 defense the few years before he showed up in 2018. Once they brought him in as co-defensive coordinator they dropped to 68th in defensive rankings.

After he left to Oklahoma they're right back to fielding top 10ish defenses.

So what I'm saying is, you might have a point about the Air Raid effect, but in this case the problem is him.
I was going to post something similar. That Ohio State defense was putrid under him given the litany of talent all over the field.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was going to post something similar. That Ohio State defense was putrid under him given the litany of talent all over the field.
I remember Ohio State fans warning Oklahoma fans about him after he signed with OU. Like fools we laughed it off as sour grapes. In 2 of his 3 years at OU his defenses ranked in the bottom half of the NCAA rankings.

OU fans then tried to warn USC fans and they laughed us off and chalked it up to OU fans being bitter that they stole our coach. Now they've all seen the light for themselves. They want him gone yesterday. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I remember Ohio State fans warning Oklahoma fans about him after he signed with OU. Like fools we laughed it off as sour grapes. In 2 of his 3 years at OU his defenses ranked in the bottom half of the NCAA rankings.

OU fans then tried to warn USC fans and they laughed us off and chalked it up to OU fans being bitter that they stole our coach. Now they've all seen the light for themselves. They want him gone yesterday. :lol
It makes you wonder what special kind of blackmail material Grinch has on Riley.

The other alternative is that Riley is so comfortable with Grinch, works well with him and is content with having to outscore everyone because he is arrogant to think he can.

At one time, I thought he would be an NFL coach in no time. Now he is making some of the same dumb decisions with his staff that cost many other smart offensive minds their jobs.

You even see it at the professional level. Many head coaches tend to downplay whatever side of the football is opposite to them and hire non-threatening assistants.

1bigfan13

Staff member
At one time, I thought he would be an NFL coach in no time. Now he is making some of the same dumb decisions with his staff that cost many other smart offensive minds their jobs.

You even see it at the professional level. Many head coaches tend to downplay whatever side of the football is opposite to them and hire non-threatening assistants.
You may be on to something here. He's entering year 5 with Grinch as his DC. At this point it should be pretty evident to him that he'll never get over the top with Grinch leading the defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
UCF's QB, Rhys Plumlee, has some wheels. He hasn't done much passing yet but he has the speed to make plays on the fly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Utah scores on a 70 yard bomb on their first offensive play of the season. Lulz at the Gators.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
UCF's QB, Rhys Plumlee, has some wheels. He hasn't done much passing yet but he has the speed to make plays on the fly.
He's a pure athlete. His long term career is probably as a MLB CF but if he can put it together this year, maybe football will be an option. If he limits the turnovers, this offense rolls most teams.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am caught in a scrunch with the fight by Spectrum and Disney. The ESPN Chanel’s have been blacked out and the Oklahoma game is scheduled on ESPN. I have tried several times to get the bundle with Disney plus set up but that is now apparently impossible. There are possibly some other sports channels that it will be carried on but it’s bit high for one game. I seriously doubt the standoff will be settled tomorrow so does anyone have a idea of how to get game coverage?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am caught in a scrunch with the fight by Spectrum and Disney. The ESPN Chanel’s have been blacked out and the Oklahoma game is scheduled on ESPN. I have tried several times to get the bundle with Disney plus set up but that is now apparently impossible. There are possibly some other sports channels that it will be carried on but it’s bit high for one game. I seriously doubt the standoff will be settled tomorrow so does anyone have a idea of how to get game coverage?
Cut the cord from Spectrum. Streaming services are all over the place that could be tailored to what you want.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Have you tried ESPN+ only, not the Disney and others? I think it would be on there and it's just 10 dollars per month. Pretty sure you can cancel anytime, so if they work it out in a month it would only be 2.50 per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom