2022 Season | Week 9 | Thursday Night Football Chatter Thread | Eagles at Texans | 11/03/2022

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They're a paper tiger. The only team that scares me in the playoffs are the Niners.
The Eagles feeding off of the emotion of their crowd concerns me also, in Dallas I think we're like 75% to beat them, in Philly it's a coin flip.

I do think the Niners are the better team though, I just pray the Seahawks find some way to win the division so we might get a Niners/Eagles divisional round game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry? Hargrave's a guy you could've signed in something called "free agency." Enjoy watching him whip your team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do think the Niners are the better team though, I just pray the Seahawks find some way to win the division so we might get a Niners/Eagles divisional round game.
I would much rather play the Eagles than the 49ers. But hopefully round one we at least don't draw the fucking 49ers again. They may be the team that scares me the most in the NFC. Physical and great with misdirection, plus well coached.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would much rather play the Eagles than the 49ers. But hopefully round one we at least don't draw the fucking 49ers again. They may be the team that scares me the most in the NFC. Physical and great with misdirection, plus well coached.
I don't think we'll play them in the first round since if they win the division I think they'll be the 3 seed but if they don't they'll be the 6 or 7.

My ideal scenario would have them as the 6/7, winning in the first round and going to Philly in the next round while we'd probably be playing like Minnesota or some such if we win in the first round.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everything about the Eagles scream "regression to the mean".

Every other quarter they're flashing up stats for things that haven't been done in like 50 years. First team to have a positive turnover differential over their first 8 games in 50 years. +100 point differential in the 2nd quarter or whatever which would be the second most ever or some such. The QB has thrown about 9 passes when trailing this year. +13 turnover differential when the next best in the league is +6.

It'd be one thing if they were a clearly generational type team, like a 2000 Ravens-type defense, but they don't pass the eyeball test at all. Their defense gets gashed on the ground pretty consistently and they're getting fat off playing a bunch of horrific teams who get down early and let them dictate the pace/tempo of the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Ate. Up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate the Eagles but as far as it's concerned they are just another team we need to beat to go where we want. Right now I just want to win our next game and get into the playoffs with as good of a seed as possible. Fuck the Eagles but I care about my teams success far more than I care about them sucking or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The good thing is that he's another one of their high-profile FA's after this season.

Like damn near their entire defense will be an FA or retired (i.e. Graham) going into 2023. Bradberry will be a UFA and likely get about $15/year, Hargrave will probably be in the same range, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is another who will likely get around $10/year or so, both of their starting LB's are UFA's, their starting safety opposite Gardner-Johnson is an FA as well, and did I mention that guys like Hargrave and Graham are carrying cap hits against the 2023 cap despite being UFA's because of the way they structured the contracts?

That's 7 defensive starters who will be UFA's and that doesn't include Cox who has seemingly been on the cusp of retirement/being released for a year or two.

And this doesn't even include the other side of the ball where Kelce will retire and Miles Sanders/Isaac Seumalo are UFA's.

That's quite literally 10-11 of their starters whose statuses going into 2023 are up in the air with only around $10-20 million in cap space. Oh, and they're going to have to extend their RB masquerading as a QB to the tune of at least $40/year within about 12-18 months.

As long as we can keep Quinn I expect us to get right back to cruising through the division next year.

Top Bottom