2022 Season | Week 11 | Thursday Night Football Chatter Thread | Titans at Packers | 11/17/2022

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We lost to these numbnuts?
Same thought that I had.

Every other team in the league has locked that offense down and held their offense under 20, but somehow the Cowboys made them look like the Packers of old.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Same thought that I had.

Every other team in the league has locked that offense down and held their offense under 20, but somehow the Cowboys made them look like the Packers of old.
But that is more on the defense. The Dallas offense had scored sufficiently up until the beginning of the 4 th quarter. They had a two touchdown lead but the defense apparently was content to work on the clock and give up points rather than maintaining a press system. At the same time the offense was content with 3 and out so the whole sceme blew up and Rogers was allowed to rip the game wide open. My point is that it was a melt down by the coaching staff as a whole. I hate the system that opts to just play coverage defense because guys like Rogers will gladly tak 10 to 15 yard pops to get back in the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No initials, what would an awesome patch design be?

they’ll probably use the same distinguished silhouette one from last year, but a yellow telestrator circle around a bus would be cheesy funny.
I think that would be badass.

1bigfan13

Staff member
But that is more on the defense. The Dallas offense had scored sufficiently up until the beginning of the 4 th quarter. They had a two touchdown lead but the defense apparently was content to work on the clock and give up points rather than maintaining a press system. At the same time the offense was content with 3 and out so the whole sceme blew up and Rogers was allowed to rip the game wide open. My point is that it was a melt down by the coaching staff as a whole. I hate the system that opts to just play coverage defense because guys like Rogers will gladly tak 10 to 15 yard pops to get back in the game.
I was being critical of the Cowboys defense in my post. I agree with you regarding the offense. Despite the turnovers, I thought the offense did more than enough to beat that Packers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This should have been us in this headline. :budd

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Despite the turnovers, I thought the offense did more than enough to beat that Packers.

The turnovers were huge though. It's hard for me to hand wave them away when it's likely we win without them. One took sure points off the board for us. That alone would have made a likely insurmountable 3 score 4th quarter lead.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The turnovers were huge though. It's hard for me to hand wave them away when it's likely we win without them. One took sure points off the board for us. That alone would have made a likely insurmountable 3 score 4th quarter lead.
Exactly, what happened to the Dak who if anything was too cautious but didn't turn it over because his mama hated interceptions so much?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If you are referring to the Cowboys, no...we have not gotten sloppy.

If anything, we are stale.

What we have seen is not about well designed plays ruined by poor execution.

It is about poorly called plays in regards to the situation.
Dak’s two interceptions, two major turning points of last week, resulted from poor execution on the WR’s parts.

Those plays we’re huge momentum changes and turned what should have been a big early lead into more opportunities for the Packers to keep building confidence running the football.

Then defensively, WTF kind of ridiculous coverage plan and execution was that for a speed WR? Especially after the first couple of sexual assaults.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak’s two interceptions, two major turning points of last week, resulted from poor execution on the WR’s parts.

Those plays we’re huge momentum changes and turned what should have been a big early lead into more opportunities for the Packers to keep building confidence running the football.

Then defensively, WTF kind of ridiculous coverage plan and execution was that for a speed WR? Especially after the first couple of sexual assaults.
I mean ultimately we went into the fourth with a 2 TD lead. That's a meltdown your defense just can't let happen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I mean ultimately we went into the fourth with a 2 TD lead. That's a meltdown your defense just can't let happen.
We should have won on multiple levels, but without a doubt those very preventable interceptions changed the complexion of the game.

We could have buried them earlier. Instead when we got our lead, they were confident and well positioned to come back having established the run and deep pass.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
I can't argue that. But what I'm saying is 28 points has been enough to beat the Packers in literally every game this year except for this past Sunday. That's why I'm placing more blame on the defense.

Top Bottom