2022 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Vikings | 11/20/2022

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I have a mystery that needs to be solved... HOW, after 1 minute and 52 seconds runs off the game clock, during which time one team takes a time out AND the other team successfully runs a play, can the NFL call for the review of a play which occurred BEFORE the events previously stated??

Has that ever happened before?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
But you can see how natural Smith especially looks at OG. Man we really found the OROY of 2022 at least so far, I don’t care what people think about skill positions in ATL, NYJ, or SEA
This organization is absolute money on 1st Round offensive linemen, it's insane.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have a mystery that needs to be solved... HOW, after 1 minute and 52 seconds runs off the game clock, during which time one team takes a time out AND the other team successfully runs a play, can the NFL call for the review of a play which occurred BEFORE the events previously stated??

That's a damn good question.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Yeah, I haven't heard if the NFL addressed that and apologized, which they absolutely should do.

I think even worse than this tho is the fact that none of the sports news outlets not the NFL have even mentioned it. It’s like they don’t want to know why that happened or even talk about it. Only to the Cowboys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think even worse than this tho is the fact that none of the sports news outlets not the NFL have even mentioned it. It’s like they don’t want to know why that happened or even talk about it. Only to the Cowboys.
I think the problem is it happened in an absolute blowout so it just sort of gets ignored. If that happened in a one score game and we missed the second field goal attempt we are talking about something totally different. I can't help but think if we missed the first field goal attempt that the play never gets reviewed.

Ultimately it's just like get your shit together. If you're going to review it, review it. You can't take all that time and then take points off the board to go review a previous play.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'm not a conspiracy guy, at least not like some of you crazy bastards, but it was almost like they waited to see if the kick was good before deciding to review the previous play. I'm 99% sure if he misses that kick we go to the locker room.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm not a conspiracy guy, at least not like some of you crazy bastards, but it was almost like they waited to see if the kick was good before deciding to review the previous play. I'm 99% sure if he misses that kick we go to the locker room.
I was kind of surprised that Nick Eatman said that same thing, very adamantly, on the DC.com show.

In hindsight since we won big anyway, I almost wish he'd missed the second one just so this would have gotten more attention.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I was kind of surprised that Nick Eatman said that same thing, very adamantly, on the DC.com show.

In hindsight since we won big anyway, I almost wish he'd missed the second one just so this would have gotten more attention.
I loved that he made the second kick. Almost like a slap in the face to the league, a "you can't stop this" type moment. Maher's confidence has to be through the roof right now, that second kick would have been good from 65.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I loved that he made the second kick. Almost like a slap in the face to the league, a "you can't stop this" type moment. Maher's confidence has to be through the roof right now, that second kick would have been good from 65.
Yes, a great big FU .

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I loved that he made the second kick.
I did too, and that it was even more down the middle.

Just saying the whole incident seems to have been swept under the rug partly because he made it and it didn't affect the score.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Someone help me, I think I missed something against Minnesota.

I was reading a game recap and Brett Magee was mentioned, the wrote said “Maher hit a 60 yard fg(two really).”

What did I miss?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I was reading a game recap and Brett Magee was mentioned, the wrote said “Maher hit a 60 yard fg(two really).”

What did I miss?
The league called a TO after the ball was in the air to review a play that by rule couldn't be reviewed, so he had to kick it again. He made it on both tries. The league essentially iced him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

What did I miss?
Did you not watch the game?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The league called a TO after the ball was in the air to review a play that by rule couldn't be reviewed, so he had to kick it again. He made it on both tries. The league essentially iced him.
Even more egregious because the Cowboys called a timeout before the first kick, meaning the league had plenty of time to review it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Dak has his bad games. More than any of us would care for. But I also think you have to appreciate performances like this were he was basically unstoppable. You can point to whatever stats or play you want to and pick apart a QB, but when you look at the overall picture this was an exceptional performance.

Top Bottom