2022 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bucs @ Cowboys | 9/11/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sturm isn't always right, by any means. But he was saying the Bucs basically didn't blitz, just like teams have been doing since that Denver game last year. Bowles is one of the highest-blitzing DCs in the league and even he dialed that way back from what he usually does because, well, the tape doesn't lie. That's the way to stop our offense.

That's infuriating. They had ALL offseason to figure out and fix this severe and obvious flaw.

And yet, GAME 1 it gets thrown in our face and we still can't handle it.

You'd think job 1 in the offseason would be to figure out how to adjust to and beat this basic defensive formation with our current personnel and QB.

What the fuck did they do all offseason?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's infuriating. They had ALL offseason to figure out and fix this severe and obvious flaw.

You'd think job 1 in the offseason would be to figure out how to adjust to and beat this basic defensive formation with our current personnel and QB.

Well, that's the thing...

You can give Jason Garrett all the time in the world and he's never going to figure out how to be a good offensive mind.

The same goes for Kellen Moore.

So yeah, they had all offseason, but the same system with the same OC stayed in place so it should come as no surprise that they couldn't figure out how to improve things with lesser talent.

Oh wait....I know what's happening.

He's still holding back on purpose so he can unleash our real playbook for the Super Bowl.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Bastards went stagnant, but it goes at the feet of the GM.

He chose to get rid of WR1 and RT then replace neither position in free agency.

With a handicapped roster, he did not communicate with his HC and OC about how to correct mistakes that this franchise has been making for years.

I'm interested to see how long it takes for Mike to take the playbook.

data

Forbes #1
Bastards went stagnant, but it goes at the feet of the GM.

He chose to get rid of WR1 and RT then replace neither position in free agency.
Not just that. He got rid of WR1, dismissing WR1’s affect on rest of receiving crew, but then franchises TE1 using money saved from WR1 exodus with the rationale that TE1 will be at least as productive without WR1.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Everyone wants to give Meatball the benefit of the doubt…but your question is legit, and he IS the HC. So why do we still suck ass?

Did Jones force him to keep WonderBoy?
Is he really just not that great of a coach without Rodgers on his team?

p1_

DCC 4Life
It will be really disappointing if he never does, and allows Kellen Frigging Moore to take him down.
My gut is telling me he won’t do it. Not sure why not, but he seems content to be a bystander on game day. That, and apparently he doesn’t know the language.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Everyone wants to give Meatball the benefit of the doubt…but your question is legit, and he IS the HC. So why do we still suck ass?

Did Jones force him to keep WonderBoy?
Is he really just not that great of a coach without Rodgers on his team?

The front office is killing him with this roster, but yes the scheme stuff is definitely on him.

If his OC isn't figuring out how to combat how defenses are scheming against them, the HC either has to get a new coordinator or step in and fix it himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The pain has subsided.

I am now going to watch the game over.

Pray for me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It will be really disappointing if he never does, and allows Kellen Frigging Moore to take him down.
This is by far the biggest gripe I have with McCarthy.

It's easy for the average Joe to say how these coaches should just stand firm and not take shit from the Jerry Jones' of the world, but they've got families and things they want to accomplish in life too so they'll play the yes-man part just to get another big payday and get back into the profession that they love.

I never felt like a respectable coach like Mike McCarthy had to do that, but I'll give him a pass for year one and maybe even year two.

But what I cannot understand is why in a season, when even he has to know, where he's going to have to lead the Cowboys to significant success or be fired...... Why not even now has he not chosen to take over the offense?

I mean, the transition to get away from that awful system that we've been running multiple variations of for the past 10 years should have begun during the offseason.

He literally has nothing to lose at this point so why is he not becoming more involved in the offense? Not only should it be him calling the plays, but he also should be integrating parts of the offense that he has historically run throughout his career while also gradually getting away from what we've been doing for the past 15 years.

I cannot understand for the life of me why he's just going to sit there and just watch it all crumble. We all know that the Cowboys environment is not one that's conducive to success for head coaches, but it's still going to count as a failure on his part and I seriously doubt he'll ever get another head coaching gig again in the NFL.

You've already made three years worth of extra millions right? So why not go for it at this point? Even if it's just to give the finger to that stupid family?

I don't get it and it's really frustrating to watch just how uninvolved McCarthy has been with that side of the ball since he became HC.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My gut is telling me he won’t do it. Not sure why not, but he seems content to be a bystander on game day. That, and apparently he doesn’t know the language.
The GM might not allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom