2022 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bucs @ Cowboys | 9/11/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Agree with this. It's why the good ones are able to be good year in and out regardless of talent.

Unfortunately it seems McCarthy is shaping up to be one of the lousy ones and not one of the few good ones that we thought. Though if McCarthy and his GB track record is no good, then I don’t know what we can expect to ever find that’s an improvement.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Unfortunately it seems McCarthy is shaping up to be one of the lousy ones and not one of the few good ones that we thought. Though if McCarthy and his GB track record is no good, then I don’t know what we can expect to ever find that’s an improvement.

I don't think I agree with that. I think he was trending in the right direction last year. And I think he was given a shit show of a roster this season.

I'm to the point that I don't think he's going to work out here, and I'm more than happy to move on, but I don't think that makes him lousy.

I think had the front office built on what we had last season instead of subtracting from it, we could be really really good right now. Under McCarthy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But the difference is, those other ones aren't given a 9.5 seasons to waste away.
:lol :buddy

Smitty is still so salty about the Garrett criticism, isn't he?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don’t even think Payton is as good as Parcells ever was.
Funny Parcells doesn’t have so great a coaching tree, Belichick notwithstanding. Even at that, Belichick looks ordinary without Brady.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Funny Parcells doesn’t have so great a coaching tree, Belichick notwithstanding. Even at that, Belichick looks ordinary without Brady.

Aside from Belichick, Parcells' coaching tree includes super bowl winners Sean Payton, and Tom Coughlin, as well as decent coaches like Mike Zimmer and Todd Bowles.

I'd say Parcells' coaching tree is one of the better ones.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't think I agree with that. I think he was trending in the right direction last year. And I think he was given a shit show of a roster this season.

I'm to the point that I don't think he's going to work out here, and I'm more than happy to move on, but I don't think that makes him lousy.

I think had the front office built on what we had last season instead of subtracting from it, we could be really really good right now. Under McCarthy.
Yeah, it's hard to definitely say that McCarthy's tenure in Dallas has been a success or failure.

I'd lean towards him being a fairly good coach based on what we've seen from him with a healthy, fairly talented and balanced roster.

Hell, even GOAT Belichick looks very ordinary without having the Jimmys and Joes to execute his schemes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Given the inexperience and overall lack of talent at WR, and the patchwork OL, I think pretty much everyone knew the game plan would probably center around quick passes.

I hate Moore as the OC as much as anyone but the Joneses have pretty much tied his hands with this roster.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sturm isn't always right, by any means. But he was saying the Bucs basically didn't blitz, just like teams have been doing since that Denver game last year. Bowles is one of the highest-blitzing DCs in the league and even he dialed that way back from what he usually does because, well, the tape doesn't lie. That's the way to stop our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom