2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It worked out so well with Everson Griffen ...
Griffen was 33, Barr is only 30, so pretty big difference.

Plus, Griffen has been relatively productive since he left us so I think most of the issue was just the general disorganization and poor coaching on defense that year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is it me, or does Henry look like he’s more brute power than speed?
Henry is a great RB, but he does not belong at #4 in the league in speed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I know who will be #1 next year.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yep if that were true he'd overrule SJ and actually spend some money in FA to make the team better
If Jerry was a GOOD GM, he’d over rule Goof Son or anyone else and go after FA difference makers. It’s not about money…Everyone knows Jerry can make money- everyone knows he could outspend any team if he wanted. His ego isn’t stroked by bragging about that. What he isn’t, and what he desperately wants, is to be respected as a football man and a great GM. He bristles at the mere mention he should replace himself as GM. He lashes out when the 28 years of not making it to the SB is thrown in his face.

Unfortunately he’s narcissistic and believes his way is the only way ( which Goof Son obviously follows too) and so they re-sign players with inflated salaries and negligible performance, hit a couple draft picks, and bargain bin shop every year. It’s their blueprint and they stubbornly stick to it year after year, failure after failure. 28 years and it hasn’t worked. No glory hole.

Jerry would sell it all for another SB, but he only wants to win it his way so he can tell everyone “I told ya so”.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If Jerry was a GOOD GM, he’d over rule Goof Son or anyone else and go after FA difference makers. It’s not about money…Everyone knows Jerry can make money- everyone knows he could outspend any team if he wanted. His ego isn’t stroked by bragging about that. What he isn’t, and what he desperately wants, is to be respected as a football man and a great GM. He bristles at the mere mention he should replace himself as GM. He lashes out when the 28 years of not making it to the SB is thrown in his face.

Unfortunately he’s narcissistic and believes his way is the only way ( which Goof Son obviously follows too) and so they re-sign players with inflated salaries and negligible performance, hit a couple draft picks, and bargain bin shop every year. It’s their blueprint and they stubbornly stick to it year after year, failure after failure. 28 years and it hasn’t worked. No glory hole.

Jerry would sell it all for another SB, but he only wants to win it his way so he can tell everyone “I told ya so”.
his way has never worked, ever. Why would he think it ever would or could?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was listening to NFL Radio on Sirius on my commute home.

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were interviewing Neville Gallimore and nauseated me by kissing his ass.

I really wanted one of those two to ask him "what were you thinking with that hands to the face penalty in the Niners game?".

Kirwan did ask him a tough question about how hard it is to be a Cowboy, and while Gallimore tried to tap dance around it, he at least acknowledged that pressure.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I was listening to NFL Radio on Sirius on my commute home.

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were interviewing Neville Gallimore and nauseated me by kissing his ass.

I really wanted one of those two to ask him "what were you thinking with that hands to the face penalty in the Niners game?".

Kirwan did ask him a tough question about how hard it is to be a Cowboy, and while Gallimore tried to tap dance around it, he at least acknowledged that pressure.
We always seem to commit terrible, head scratching penalties during critical games. Well, it’s usually EVERY game, but it’s worse during must have games.
But, you are right, these shit bag interviewers are so scared of asking the tough questions, afraid of offending someone or afraid the players won’t come back on. That hands to the face bullshit…someone should have asked WTF he was doing to make sure those types of killer penalties didn’t happen again.
But no….hey buddy, how’s your grannies corn bread and bean recipe? Tell the listeners all about it!!

p1_

DCC 4Life
We always seem to commit terrible, head scratching penalties during critical games. Well, it’s usually EVERY game, but it’s worse during must have games.
But, you are right, these shit bag interviewers are so scared of asking the tough questions, afraid of offending someone or afraid the players won’t come back on. That hands to the face bullshit…someone should have asked WTF he was doing to make sure those types of killer penalties didn’t happen again.
But no….hey buddy, how’s your grannies corn bread and bean recipe? Tell the listeners all about it!!
In order to ask such a pointed question would require some actual work on these guys’ part. You expect way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom