2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's improved his blocking but I feel like it's a stretch to say he doesn't get enough credit for it. He's nothing special as a blocker.
He does enough, much like Novacek did for Smith.

He can wall off, but certainly not a masher. He also does not have that desire to bury a guy.

Not everyone can be a killer like Kittle. Who we could have easily drafted, BTW.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not everyone can be a killer like Kittle. Who we could have easily drafted, BTW.
Along with the other 30 teams that passed on him multiple times considering he was a 5th rounder.

Hey, did you know that we could have drafted Tom Brady, too? I mean…. WTF were we thinking?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Along with the other 30 teams that passed on him multiple times considering he was a 5th rounder.

Hey, did you know that we could have drafted Tom Brady, too? I mean…. WTF were we thinking?
Yeah.

What were we thinking.

1657928021762.png

We already had Beasley at that point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh well, we definitely should've made him the 2nd highest paid TE in the league.

Please fuck off, if we want to overpay him we can still do it next February.
This is one instance where I give Goof Son credit.

I had no interest in locking ourselves up to Schultz.

What we saw last year is about his peak.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He probably should've won another Super Bowl in Green Bay with Rodgers at QB for so long, but in 3 consecutive years Green Bay has lost two NFCC's and a divisional round game at home, while having been the 1 seed in 2/3 of those years, so it definitely wasn't all McCarthy.

With all that said, my main issue with him at this point was the pathetic display in that playoff game against San Francisco. We were killed by penalties, which was a huge problem all year, and despite what people think we actually had a good matchup in that game. All we needed to do was not let them start fast and jump out to a quick lead so that our pass rush could tee off on Garoppolo and force him into mistakes.

Of course they let the game go the one exact way they couldn't afford it to go, which I think falls on coaching to an extent.

At this point, if we miss the playoffs next year he needs to be gone (unless Payton wants another year off).
I don’t think Payton is a huge upgrade from McCarthy but I do believe he’s an upgrade.

I know he has only 1 SB, but to me Payton seems to have won more tough, must have games then McCarthy and his teams seem to always play lights out.

And there’s the shit non called penalties that kept NO from at least a shot at a another SB. Thats was a pretty damn good team.

For me, Payton seems like he would bring a big game mentality to every facet of the operation for the Cowboys. Dallas has always shit the bed in big games post Jimmy, the talent has been good enough, the discipline not so much. That’s the attraction to Payton I have.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
How would you rank Jerry Jones with the other 31 GMs? — Danny S.

Somewhere around dead last. It used to be between him and the Bengals’ self-appointed boss Mike Brown, but since they just went to the Super Bowl …
At least I can laugh at the fact Jerry got beat to a coveted SB by the other worst GM/owner in football Mike Brown. God that has to eat Jerry’s soul to the fucking core.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
At least I can laugh at the fact Jerry got beat to a coveted SB by the other worst GM/owner in football Mike Brown. God that has to eat Jerry’s soul to the fucking core.
Not until Brown passes him on the Forbes list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom