2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he basically compared the players using pure measurables. Damn the draft would be easy if that was all there was to playing football. There are actual skills involved. And they are both very skilled players, make no mistake. But very different skillsets. I hope Lamb does take another step into that elite WR category. I think it was a mistake ever pulling Lamb from the slot where he is best. skillets. Lamb does have some true number one abilities but he isn't there yet. He is only in his second year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And it’s no coincidence Kupp had a career year with Stafford throwing the ball the way Goff can’t.

Kupp’s first Superbowl TD was a sweet route, but Stafford hit him on the dead run with a perfect spiral in a tight window over the defender and before the sideline like he was playing catch with his kid. The pass was a super crisp snap of the arm and not many QB’s make that throw.

Stafford will give away a couple of bad throws a game, but man can he pass.

Two great game-ending drives in a row really have really graduated Stafford to another level for sure.

It might get crazy next year if they can keep Kupp, Woods, and OBJ together.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The table is now set for Goof Son to deliberately become cap conscious, despite the ability to do pretty much anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The table is now set for Goof Son to deliberately become cap conscious.
Of course, it's the Cowboys go to and it also happens to be something most teams with high cap numbers already can do. If you aren't spending a lot it's hard to have the restructure option.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Of course, it's the Cowboys go to and it also happens to be something most teams with high cap numbers already can do. If you aren't spending a lot it's hard to have the restructure option.
You think we ain't serious about winning a Super Bowl?

Have you seen our mother humping art collection?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The table is now set for Goof Son to deliberately become cap conscious, despite the ability to do pretty much anything.
The Rams, Chiefs, and Buccaneers have shown in recent years that the old NFL adage of 'building through the draft' might be going the way of the dinosaur. Those teams recognized that they're in their championship window so they went all in bringing in proven talent to quickly fill roster holes.

If the Joneses were serious about winning they'd be selling out to win a title within the next two years. That means making trades for impact/proven players rather than trying to fill weak spots with unproven draft picks.....even if it means giving up a 1st round pick.

It would also be nice to see them target the top tier FAs for a change. They've been sifting through the bargain been for FAs for well over a decade and they usually get what they pay for.

I think their philosophy to offseason operations is the primary reason they've been unable to string together back to back playoff seasons. Instead of going all in to build on a promising season, they always opt to take the cheap, lazy route.....assuming that cheap free agents and rookies will get them over the top. It never has.

This offseason has already gotten off to a bad start, IMO, with the return of Kellen Moore. The decision to bring him bank is the first signal that things will be exactly the same as always.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If I'm a player like Dak and Zack Martin I wouldn't agree to restructure unless I got some assurances that the money would be used to bring in high-quality proven vets. A Ryan Jensen type would for example.

I'm not restructuring my deal just so the Joneses can use that money to go sign a bunch of lower tier FAs who may not even make the final 2022 roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm a player like Dak and Zack Martin I wouldn't agree to restructure unless I got some assurances that the money would be used to bring in high-quality proven vets. A Ryan Jensen type would for example.

I'm not restructuring my deal just so the Joneses can use that money to go sign a bunch of lower tier FAs who may not even make the final 2022 roster.
Dak doesn't get a choice. It's built into his contract. Like flipping a light switch. Not sure on Martin.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Rams, Chiefs, and Buccaneers have shown in recent years that the old NFL adage of 'building through the draft' might be going the way of the dinosaur. Those teams recognized that they're in their championship window so they went all in bringing in proven talent to quickly fill roster holes.

If the Joneses were serious about winning they'd be selling out to win a title within the next two years. That means making trades for impact/proven players rather than trying to fill weak spots with unproven draft picks.....even if it means giving up a 1st round pick.

It would also be nice to see them target the top tier FAs for a change. They've been sifting through the bargain been for FAs for well over a decade and they usually get what they pay for.

I think their philosophy to offseason operations is the primary reason they've been unable to string together back to back playoff seasons. Instead of going all in to build on a promising season, they always opt to take the cheap, lazy route.....assuming that cheap free agents and rookies will get them over the top. It never has.

This offseason has already gotten off to a bad start, IMO, with the return of Kellen Moore. The decision to bring him bank is the first signal that things will be exactly the same as always.
The “Jones Way” is hopelessly ignorant and hasn’t worked in over 20 years, and is never going to work. You just hope someone in the organization wakes up and says “hey guys, this ain’t working”.
Then again, that’s like hoping you rise up off the toilet one morning, and instead of a turd in the bowl it’s a giant gold nugget. Not gonna happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The “Jones Way” is hopelessly ignorant and hasn’t worked in over 20 years, and is never going to work. You just hope someone in the organization wakes up and says “hey guys, this ain’t working”.
And who the fuck would that be? The Joneses listen. But they aren't going to doubt their respective men in the mirror.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
And who the fuck would that be? The Joneses listen. But they aren't going to doubt their respective men in the mirror.
Well, I DID point out it was never gonna happen.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The Rams are an extreme example, I don't think it even requires that much, it just requires making a few targeted FA signings that are like in the top 25% as far as salary.

We could've signed DJ Reader and Hassan Reddick or something over the last 2 years instead of Carlos Watkins and Keanu Neal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Rams are an extreme example, I don't think it even requires that much, it just requires making a few targeted FA signings that are like in the top 25% as far as salary.

We could've signed DJ Reader and Hassan Reddick or something over the last 2 years instead of Carlos Watkins and Keanu Neal.
Reader and Hargrave were the two DTs we wanted badly and they are both thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom