2022 OTAs, Camps and Training Camp Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
8 wins max is what I see from the Cowboys.
Really? I'm more optimistic than that. If nothing else, this division is still really bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Camp prediction: Sam Williams will claim the starting defensive end spot opposite DeMarcus Lawrence as Randy Gregory’s replacement. The Cowboys’ second-round pick has all of the pass-rushing tools defensive coordinator Dan Quinn loves to work with — speed around the edge, the ability to bend, solid hands. Dorance Armstrong and Dante Fowler Jr. have more NFL know-how, and while being a “starter” can be overrated since Quinn likes to rotate his defensive linemen, Williams’ talent will get him on the field early. Look for him to come close to matching Gregory’s six sacks from 2022.

— Todd Archer

p1_

DCC 4Life
Camp prediction: Sam Williams will claim the starting defensive end spot opposite DeMarcus Lawrence as Randy Gregory’s replacement. The Cowboys’ second-round pick has all of the pass-rushing tools defensive coordinator Dan Quinn loves to work with — speed around the edge, the ability to bend, solid hands. Dorance Armstrong and Dante Fowler Jr. have more NFL know-how, and while being a “starter” can be overrated since Quinn likes to rotate his defensive linemen, Williams’ talent will get him on the field early. Look for him to come close to matching Gregory’s six sacks from 2022.

— Todd Archer
If Williams is half as good as advertised, Im stoked for this group of DE's.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Really? I'm more optimistic than that. If nothing else, this division is still really bad.
Yep, that's been my stance since February and this organization has done nothing since then to make me rethink my position.

I'll be rooting for them to win every game but I just don't like the direction of the organization.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

— Todd Archer
Would be cool if Todd could break down the differences between our base alignments and nickel/dime, but I'm guessing that's a bridge too far.

With that said, there's about a 0.0% chance Williams is going to "start" in base packages, although I fully expect him to be on the field for the majority of nickel/dime in clear pass rushing situations (i.e. 2nd and 8+, 3rd and 5+).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I have no idea how he came up with those five. I'd say it would be more most of the rookies and second year guys. Plus probably McGovern to show he can play LG for if/when Tyron gets hurt and Tyler has to move to LT.
I think he is dead on with Gallimore. He (and Odighizuwa) needs to come up big and become more consistent. Bohanna and Hill are nice to haves.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think he is dead on with Gallimore. He (and Odighizuwa) needs to come up big and become more consistent. Bohanna and Hill are nice to haves.

Depends if you are looking at it from the team's or the player's perspective. Osa and Gallimore have a lot of leeway still. Hill, Bohanna and McGovern not so much.

Top Bottom