2022 NFL Preseason Week 2 Weekend Chatter Thread | 08/18/22-08/21/22

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cannot believe the Seahawks, who do not seem like the dumbest MFing franchise in the NFL, keep thinking they can compete with Geno Smith at QB.

This is embarassing.
They don't. They aren't trying to patch the roster. They are going full on fuck it this season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah but being resigned to trotting out Genò Smith is like a give up move. Even dropping a 2 or a 3 for Garropolo looks like you are trying.
That would be stupid, tho. If you don't think Garropolo (I don't think he is) is the one to lead your team and help you win, why would you give up premium picks for him? Just to give the illusion that you "are trying"? All that does is set you back in the long run. At best you just tread water and toil in purgatory. Never winning anything, but winning just enough to stay away from the difference makers at the top of the first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be stupid, tho. If you don't think Garropolo (I don't think he is) is the one to lead your team and help you win, why would you give up premium picks for him? Just to give the illusion that you "are trying"? All that does is set you back in the long run. At best you just tread water and toil in purgatory. Never winning anything, but winning just enough to stay away from the difference makers at the top of the first.
Even if you don't love the QBs in this draft right now. You might love one of them in 6 months. And even if you don't love the QBs a higher pick is just better draft capital. No reason to try to patch the unfixable this season. I kind of respect it oddly enough.

Keep your picks, get the high picks and continue the rebuild with more resources and not less.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Schneider was happy to trade Wilson and tank a year to rebuild. He's made some horrendous decisions and been pretty shit in the draft for at least 5 years now but he gets extra rope because of what they were 10 years ago, so trading Wilson and hitting the reset button buys him time to try to rehab the terrible job he's done recently.

So why bother trying to win 8 games instead of 5?

Just go full tank and sell hope to the owners along with your reputation from 10 years ago.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Even if you don't love the QBs in this draft right now. You might love one of them in 6 months. And even if you don't love the QBs a higher pick is just better draft capital. No reason to try to patch the unfixable this season. I kind of respect it oddly enough.

Keep your picks, get the high picks and continue the rebuild with more resources and not less.
Yep. Trading for a veteran and eeking out 7 wins in a tough division would accomplish nothing. There may not be a franchise QB waiting for them next April, but there could be another Parsons.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Patriots look like a clown show on offense.

They have fucking Patricia and Judge as the two stooges trying to figure it out.

The Panthers' 2nd string defense just handed their starters a shit sandwich on their opening possession.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Schneider was happy to trade Wilson and tank a year to rebuild. He's made some horrendous decisions and been pretty shit in the draft for at least 5 years now but he gets extra rope because of what they were 10 years ago, so trading Wilson and hitting the reset button buys him time to try to rehab the terrible job he's done recently.

So why bother trying to win 8 games instead of 5?

Just go full tank and sell hope to the owners along with your reputation from 10 years ago.
I dunno, it just seems like he would be trying to prolong Carroll's coaching life.

Of course, they could just be setting him up to fail to hire Dan Quinn back to return to Seattle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Somebody, somewhere, is paid to do this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Eagles/Browns game is meh. Neither team is playing anyone of consequence.

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
This description sounds eerily familiar. Especially the last 2 sentences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom