2022 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’m kind of agreeing with Goof on this, Kearse at age 28 when season starts signs for 2 years 10m, 5m guaranteed, 6.5 almost certainly to be paid— less than a third of Honeybadger at age 30 when the season starts.

And what does NO get for the extra 10+ mil?

Mathieu - 3 picks - 6 pd - 0 FF - 1 sack - 76 comb
Kearse - 2 picks - 10 pd - 0 FF - 1 sack - 101 comb

Looks like another pick, and fewer tackles and passes defended

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Interesting, didn't know that even existed to be honest.
Isn't this the 1st round tender, 2nd round tender, 3rd round tender, etc... thing that we used to hear so much about in the past? If I remember correctly, you could place whichever round tender you wanted on a RFA, and you'd have to guarantee them a set amount that went along whichever tender it was. If the player signed with another team, you received that draft pick from them.

This is different tho if he us a UFA. Not sure why they would have rights to him if he's unrestricted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't this the 1st round tender, 2nd round tender, 3rd round tender, etc... thing that we used to hear so much about in the past? If I remember correctly, you could place whichever round tender you wanted on a RFA, and you'd have to guarantee them a set amount that went along whichever tender it was. If the player signed with another team, you received that draft pick from them.

This is different tho if he us a UFA. Not sure why they would have rights to him if he's unrestricted.
Apparently it just keeps him in the comp pick pool. So if he signs with a team the Chiefs can still get a comp pick for him as though he was signed prior to the draft. I didn't know you could force a guy like that to return if he didn't sign by a certain period. Kind of seems shitty if a dude wants to wait and see if a team has an injury and really needs him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom