2 wide receivers
2 linebackers
1 edge rusher
1 corner
1 guard
1 safety
That fair?!
Did the Giants cut Jaylon?
Lol. Where have you been dear? Gnats cut ole Jaylon & he quickly landed a gig w/Green Bay. GB cut him less than a month later after he had played in only two games.

He'll probably end up on one of those USFL squads once his money runs out. You know, Professional Football Players For Dummies! :D

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Lol. Where have you been dear? Gnats cut ole Jaylon & he quickly landed a gig w/Green Bay. GB cut him less than a month later after he had played in only two games.

He'll probably end up on one of those USFL squads once his money runs out. You know, Professional Football Players For Dummies! :D
thought it was the other way around. Signed with GB after we told him to scram, and Green Bay ditched him quick. Then he caught on with NYFG.

Puttyism

♡☆
thought it was the other way around. Signed with GB after we told him to scram, and Green Bay ditched him quick. Then he caught on with NYFG.
It may have been. I think it was the same season though. That guy's such a waste.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Green Bay Packers
On October 7, 2021, Smith signed with the Green Bay Packers.[50] On November 2, 2021, Smith was released.[51] He appeared in two games, tallying one tackle in 27 defensive snaps.

New York Giants
On December 17, 2021, Smith signed with the New York Giants practice squad.[52] On December 18, 2021, Smith was activated from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement for the game against the Dallas Cowboys.[53] On December 20, 2021, Smith was promoted to the active roster.[54]

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Jaylon: What the hell you just say?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Right, so... how is able to do what he does in the league?

I mean, we kind of know the answer, that there are a lot of little nuances to playing football than the underwear Olympics do not reveal. Still, how does someone who does what he does on the field not show up better in testing?
40 times are overrated. It's a sexy stat but I'm not putting a ton of weight into it when I'm evaluating players.

Quickness and agility are more important in the game of football.

The topic of Kupp's combine numbers came up last year on a show I was listening to, and they pointed out that while his 40 time was pretty average, he had one of the highest grades for the three cone drills and short shuttle, which measure short area quickness.

When you think about it short area quickness is what most great WRs use to create separation.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
40 times are overrated. It's s sexy stat but I'm not putting a ton of weight into it when I'm evaluating players.

Quickness and agility are more important in the game of football.

The topic of Kupp's combine numbers came up last year on a show I was listening to, and they pointed out that while his 40 time was pretty average, he had one of the highest grades for the three cone drills and short shuttle, which measure short area quickness.

When you think about it short area quickness is what most great WRs use to create separation.
Emmitt Smith is the absolute end to the argument that 40 times matter in skill players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am pretty much resigned to the fact we aren't getting guys I wanted like Dean.

I just hope we don't take an injured player.

Top Bottom