2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey gents, long time so see. Hope all is well with you all. This draft could have been so much better.
Welcome back. So tell us what's wrong, and how it could have been better. What would you have done differently and where?

GShock

DCC 4Life
Our top two picks have elite potential. I think the floor of our first 3 picks is average starters. I think the ceiling is much higher.
I agree about the floor for the 3rd.

The absolute bust potential for our first rounder and second rounder (off the field) is not zero.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree about the floor for the 3rd.

The absolute bust potential for our first rounder and second rounder (off the field) is not zero.
I'm assuming we did the homework on the sexual assault incident. I haven't heard of any other character concerns so I feel good about Williams if that's it. Can't say I've had the opportunity to do the research so maybe I'm wrong.

And with Smith if we were talking LT I would agree. Certainly risk involved there. At LG I feel good that he can plug and play there at a solid level.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Smith won't bust at LG unless he's retarded, and after listening to his interviews I think he's pretty bright, so I'm not worried about that. If he pans out as an LT it's a bonus.

Also not worried about Williams busting, the incident seemed isolated and he's played two full seasons since then without a peep, pretty much a non-issue to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've been hearing a lot that the team is very high on Farniok, and that he'll go into camp competing with Biadasz. Might just be fluff, but who knows?
When they called out Farnoik twice by name in draft press conferences, they made it pretty clear.

Of course, Jerry Jones talked up Phil Costa too.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Our top two picks have elite potential. I think the floor of our first 3 picks is average starters. I think the ceiling is much higher.
I think I see more like bit better Anthony Spencer from him. I don't know if I'd describe it as elite. Could be a good player, but my guess is not even DeMarcus Lawrence.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I see more like bit better Anthony Spencer from him. I don't know if I'd describe it as elite. Could be a good player, but my guess is not even DeMarcus Lawrence.
Totally different types if players. Spencer never had this guys athletic ability. But if that's all he becomes I think that's a pretty good second round pick.

data

Forbes #1
which of our fifth rounders excites you the most in terms of panning out?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How about we banish Iamtdg to his bedroom early on day 2, then to the barn all day on day 3?
Fuck that. I'm still blowing dirt out my nose.

Top Bottom