2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've never seen a more forced-for-need draft in my life
It really has been. But amazingly, even though we are going full retard and targeting positions, we have gotten incredibly lucky with getting some pretty good players at those spots.

Incredibly lucky.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You know the Joneses are going to insist he was their TE all along.
Watch Jerry have another printed out draft ranking to "proove" it :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you asked me before the draft I would have said we go OG, WR, DE, TE.

Swap the DE and WR and the positions basically went exactly as expected. Kind if makes for a boring draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know the Joneses are going to insist he was their TE all along.
Well, that's just a given. But he very well may have been. This guy is a poor mans Jason Witten. (very poor?) Their games are very similar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ferguson could have gone way higher, and he can block
I've been a fan of his for awhile. Better blocker than these guys give credit and plays more athletic as well in my opinion. Really good hands too. Nothing special at anything but good at everything.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Nah. Ferguson isn't a panic pick. He's a pretty good player and deserves to go where he was taken.
I disagree. Kolar went about where he should have. Ferguson is a noticeable talent drop. There were better players at other positions. But I get it. We are doing the fill the holes thing this year like fucktards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've been a fan of his for awhile. Better blocker than these guys give credit and plays more athletic as well in my opinion. Really good hands too. Nothing special at anything but good at everything.
That's why, with the risk of being struck down for blasphemy, I compared his game to Jason Witten's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fifth round should be exciting though. 5 picks and these positions finally don't feel locked in at all. Corner, LBer, Oline, Safety, DT, Kicker. I could finally see us going any of those directions.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I disagree. Kolar went about where he should have. Ferguson is a noticeable talent drop.
Not like I've studied Ferguson, but Kolar always impressed me in real games. Ferguson looks more like a generic plugger to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why, with the risk of being struck down for blasphemy, I compared his game to Jason Witten's.
I think that's fair. You can see him destroy people as a blocker sometimes. So the effort is definitely there but yet when you read reports there isn't love for his blocking. I remember that being similar with Witten. Poor man's Witten seems reasonable to me.

Top Bottom