Did my first mock...it was damn hard.

Overall #TeamPlayer NamePositionSchoolTraded Pick
1Jacksonville JaguarsNeal, Evan*OTAlabama
2Detroit LionsHamilton, Kyle*FSNotre Dame
3Houston TexansThibodeaux, Kayvon*DELSU
4New York JetsGardner, Ahmad*CBCincinnati
5New York GiantsEkwonu, Ikem*OTNorth Carolina State
6Carolina PanthersCross, Charles*OTMississippi State
7New York GiantsHutchinson, AidanDEMichigan(from Chicago)
8Atlanta FalconsDavis, JordanDTGeorgia
9Denver BroncosWalker, TravonDEGeorgia(from Seattle)
10New York JetsOjabo, David*DEMichigan
11Washington CommandersStingley, DerekCBLSU
12Minnesota VikingsMcDuffie, Trent*CBWashington
13Cleveland BrownsOlave, ChrisWROhio State
14Baltimore RavensLinderbaum, Tyler*CIowa(from Miami)
15Philadelphia EaglesLloyd, DevinOLBUtah(from Indianapolis)
16Philadelphia EaglesJohnson, JermaineDEFlorida State
17Los Angeles ChargersPenning, TrevorOTNorthern Iowa
18New Orleans SaintsCorral, Matt*QBMississippi
19Philadelphia EaglesGreen, Kenyon*OGTexas A&M
20Pittsburgh SteelersWillis, MalikQBLiberty
21New England PatriotsWilson, Garrett*WROhio State
22Las Vegas RaidersLondon, Drake*WRUSC
23Arizona Cardinals.Hall, LoganDEHouston
24Dallas CowboysJohnson, ZionOGBoston College
25Buffalo BllsKarlaftis, George*DEPurdue
26Tennessee TitansLeal, DeMarvinDTTexas A&M
27Tampa Bay BuccaneersBooth, Andrew*CBClemson
28Green Bay PackersWilliams, JamesonWRAlabama(from San Francisco)
29Miam DolphinsDean, Nakobe*ILBGeorgia
30Kansas City ChiefsHill, Daxton*FSMichigan
31Cincinnati BengalsRaimann, Bernhard*OTCentral Michigan
32Detroit LionsWatson, ChristianWRSouth Dakota State(from Los Angeles Rams)
1. It's not so recent...
2. It's not a Cowboys mock, but a 1st round.
3. There have been major moves/trades since

WE NEED MORE YOU LAZY BUM!!!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
1. It's not so recent...
2. It's not a Cowboys mock, but a 1st round.
3. There have been major moves/trades since

WE NEED MORE YOU LAZY BUM!!!
That was 15 days ago, genius.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
DAL

Jameson Williams
WR Alabama
DAL

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
DAL

Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma
DAL

Dylan Parham
OG Memphis
DAL

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia
DAL

Cole Turner
TE Nevada
DAL

Hassan Haskins
RB Michigan
DAL

Marcus Jones
CB Houston
trade icon
DAL

Josh Paschal
EDGE Kentucky
trade icon
DAL

Kellen Diesch
OT Arizona State

---------------------

Obviously a fun mock but just so not realistic on PFN. There is a lot of randomness to their mock drafts at least. Makes things interesting. Didn't intend to go first round WR, but you can't pass up Williams at that point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, the upside looks limited. But there is more to a QB than arm strength and speed. If not Tom Brady would have no upside either. Same with Drew Brees. This is why folks struggle with evaluating QBs.

I by the way don't know if Pickett has the work ethic and mental processing ability of Tom Brady or Drew Brees but his physical tools probably are on par. The small hands are weird. His fumbling is probably my biggest concern.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Penning but these guys aren't trading up for a player out of UNI. The Cowboys don't mess with small school guys in general. And definitely not high in the draft.

Watson in the second looks great to me and Sam Williams in the third.

Munford in the fifth is great. All around not a bad mock, just don't think Dallas goes for the small school guys.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure, the upside looks limited. But there is more to a QB than arm strength and speed. If not Tom Brady would have no upside either. Same with Drew Brees. This is why folks struggle with evaluating QBs.

I by the way don't know if Pickett has the work ethic and mental processing ability of Tom Brady or Drew Brees but his physical tools probably are on par. The small hands are weird. His fumbling is probably my biggest concern.
They conflate upside with tangible physical abilities, like arm strength, running ability and so forth. The main reason I liked Burrow over Lawrence when Lawrence was getting hyped up as a generational QB was because Burrow had all the technical nuances down that you can't just always learn.

The pocket presence, the subtle shoulder fakes, the quick release, those are all things Pickett has over anybody else in this class and it's the reason he's my top QB.

I don't think he's a top 10 prospect because he definitely has some issues, and in most years he'd probably be a late 1, but in this class he's definitely my top guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he's a top 10 prospect because he definitely has some issues, and in most years he'd probably be a late 1, but in this class he's definitely my top guy.
If he didn't fumble the ball and have hand size concerns, I think I'd call him a top 10 QB. But those two things are legit concerns to me. Reminds me a bit of Burrow in that his last year in college he just lit it up compared to previous year. 4,300 yards, 67 completion percentage and 42 TDs is pretty off the charts for a school like Pittsburgh. He throws extremely well on the run too which I love. But lets face it, ball security is one of the most important aspects of playing QB and if he can't grip the ball well it could be a real problem.

But still the guy took Pittsburgh to new heights for that program and broke Dan Marino's records. That tells you a little something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Penning but these guys aren't trading up for a player out of UNI. The Cowboys don't mess with small school guys in general. And definitely not high in the draft.

Watson in the second looks great to me and Sam Williams in the third.

Munford in the fifth is great. All around not a bad mock, just don't think Dallas goes for the small school guys.
It also ignores who visited. We usually telegraph a couple picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he didn't fumble the ball and have hand size concerns, I think I'd call him a top 10 QB. But those two things are legit concerns to me. Reminds me a bit of Burrow in that his last year in college he just lit it up compared to previous year. 4,300 yards, 67 completion percentage and 42 TDs is pretty off the charts for a school like Pittsburgh. He throws extremely well on the run too which I love. But lets face it, ball security is one of the most important aspects of playing QB and if he can't grip the ball well it could be a real problem.

But still the guy took Pittsburgh to new heights for that program and broke Dan Marino's records. That tells you a little something.
Maybe. But look at how long it took him to do it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I keep reading he will actually drop into the 50ish range.
That is tantalizingly close and would be so Dallas to miss out on because we waited for him to fall to our pick and someone else trades up 1-2 picks ahead of us and snags him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I keep reading he will actually drop into the 50ish range.
I would do it in a heart beat in the second round. I have total faith he will be a starting NFL receiver. It's just a question of if he becomes elite to me. He doesn't have one of those 1500 yard college seasons to sort of make you feel safe with him. But that's a lot because of an injury this past season, which he came back from which is awesome. Plus just the offense he played in. They aren't exactly a high flying offense.

I think he goes late first to early second. A team like the Chiefs or Packers could clean up with him. I actually prefer Pickens to Burks. Burks looks too chunky to me for my taste.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is tantalizingly close and would be so Dallas to miss out on because we waited for him to fall to our pick and someone else trades up 1-2 picks ahead of us and snags him.
We will cleam to have just missed on him. We will then proceed to draft Erik Ezukanma in the fourth thinking that he is some kind of solution.

I am not high on him on him at all. Sorry Texas Tech fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom