2022 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm torn on Linderbaum vs. Green, I have to dig in on Linderbaum a bit more because while I think he's overrated (in terms of top 10 talk) he's definitely one of the best centers to come out in years.

And he's a perfect Zone-scheme fit, which is basically all our dumbass OC knows how to run seemingly.
Yeah despite my love for Linderbaum I may be leaning slightly towards Green. I blame you for it and I feel a little like I'm betraying my Hawkeye fandom. But I really want a big dude who doesn't get knocked back even an inch in pass protection. And to me that is Green. When that guy sinks his hips he doesn't move backwards. Plus I want a great LG slightly more.

Both would be great but just because of all that I think I'm slightly leaning towards Green. I think if we had a more creative run blocking scheme I may lean towards Linderbaum because I think his mobility and foot speed allows him to do a lot in the run game. But I think it would be wasted to an extent with our shit running scheme.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Dislike
Reactions: Rev

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
FL draft 2022 rankings: Top 25 prospects, best by position in Mel Kiper's Big Board after college football season
play
Todd McShay and Mel Kiper discuss if there is a standout quarterback who deserves to be drafted in the top 10 in this year's NFL draft. (2:06)
Jan 24, 2022

• Mel Kiper Jr.Football analyst
A lot has changed since early December, when I last updated my Big Board and position rankings for the 2022 NFL draft. I wanted to get through bowl season to reevaluate several prospects and do some shuffling, and a lot of the work I did for that led to my debut mock draft, which had few risers. Now it's time to unveil my adjusted rankings.
Senior Bowl practices begin on Feb. 1, and it's a loaded roster this year, with six of the top seven 2022 quarterbacks in attendance, along with a few other potential first-round picks. There could be some movement in these rankings after that, as NFL evaluators get a chance to see prospects compete head-to-head. Those practices -- which include one-on-one drills -- are great for watching competition between offensive linemen and defensive lineman and pass-catchers against defensive backs.
Let's get into my top 25 rankings, plus the top 10 prospects at every position. It's important to note that the heights and weights listed below are based on what we have from schools, so while they're going to be close to accurate, we won't get the official numbers until the Senior Bowl and combine in March.

Jump to: Position rankings
1. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
HT: 6-6 | WT: 265 | Previously: 1
Hutchinson had a consistently dominant season on the way to finishing as the runner-up in the voting for the Heisman Trophy. He had 14 sacks, 19 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles. He finished fifth in the country in pressure rate (16.5%). He is advanced as a pass-rusher -- he already has a few go-to moves -- and is relentless on every snap. He dominated Ohio State in Michigan's win, registering three sacks. Hutchinson played only 144 defensive snaps last season before he sustained a leg injury and had to have surgery; the Michigan defense cratered after he was hurt. He was outstanding as a sophomore in 2019, putting up 4.5 sacks and creating havoc in the backfield (10.5 tackles for loss). It's going to be a real battle between Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux for the No. 1 pick.
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon
HT: 6-5 | WT: 250 | Previously: 2
After missing a few games because of an ankle injury he suffered in the season opener, Thibodeaux was spectacular in his return. In a win at UCLA, he had a strip sack, another sack and nine total tackles. Against Cal the week before, he had a sack and 10 pressures. He finished the season with seven sacks and two forced fumbles, and even though he had half as many sacks as Hutchinson, he had the second-best pressure rate in the country (17.8%). Thibodeaux, the No. 1-ranked high school recruit in 2019, is an elite pass-rushing talent with the quickness and bend to get double-digit sacks annually at the next level. He had nine sacks as a true freshman in 2019 and had three more and 9.5 tackles for loss in seven games last season.
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
HT: 6-7 | WT: 360 | Previously: 3
It would not be totally outlandish to see Neal picked No. 1 in the draft. The Jaguars need a stalwart left tackle, and that's Neal, who has a massive frame and stellar physical traits. I put him at No. 3 to the Texans in my debut mock draft. Neal started at right tackle last season and was Bama's starting left guard as a freshman in 2019. He moved over to the left side in 2021, taking over for first-round pick Alex Leatherwood. He is the complete package, excelling as a run-blocker and also in moving his feet as a pass protector.

4. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
HT: 6-4 | WT: 219 | Previously: 4
Hamilton played in only seven games in 2021, as he injured his right knee against USC in late October and didn't return. He should be good to go for the combine in March. There aren't many safeties with Hamilton's size and speed, and he was one of the most versatile defenders in the country in college. He had two interceptions against Florida State and added another in the win over Purdue. He had eight total in his career. Hamilton has the size to move up to the line of scrimmage and help in the running game and the speed and range to cover pass-catchers out of the slot. He's exactly what NFL teams want in their first-round safeties.
5. Ikem Ekwonu, OT/G, NC State
HT: 6-4 | WT: 320 | Previously: 18
Ekwonu bullies pass-rushers. He toys with them. He has played both guard and tackle in his career, but he excelled at left tackle in 2021. He moves his feet well in the run game and can get to the next level. I still want to see his arm length measurement, but people inside the league whom I trust think he can stick at left tackle regardless. He has been a riser over the past few months, and it's not out of the question that he's the top offensive linemen off the board.
6. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
HT: 6-1 | WT: 195 | Previously: 5
Stingley injured his foot and played in just three games in 2021. It's not ideal for an NFL prospect, but he had two full seasons of starting tape before that, so I don't think it will be an issue in the draft. I wrote about him and his ceiling in the fall, and he's the top corner in this class even though he hasn't been consistently great since 2019. This ranking is all about his upside. His freshman film, when he was one of the best players on LSU's national title team, is tremendous. He didn't play as well in 2020, but that can mostly be attributed to the entire LSU defense being dreadful. He has shown that he can lock down SEC receivers. There are going to be questions about his up-and-down play, but NFL teams will see more good tape than bad and draft him based on his ceiling.
7. Drake London, WR, USC
HT: 6-5 | WT: 210 | Previously: 7
London was having a phenomenal season before he fractured his right ankle against Arizona on Oct. 30. He had 88 catches for 1,084 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 11 catches and 136 yards per game. London, who played on the USC basketball team in 2019-20, towers over Pac-12 defenders, and he can outleap just about any corner. He had 72 catches for 1,069 yards and eight touchdowns from 2019 to 2020. I noticed a few concentration drops this season -- he had five after just one the previous two seasons -- but he does have soft hands and a huge catch radius.
8. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
HT: 6-3 | WT: 235 | Previously: 8
Lloyd had a massive season for the Utes, with 111 total tackles, eight sacks, 20 tackles for loss, four interceptions (two pick-sixes, including one in the Pac-12 title game) and a forced fumble. He blows by linemen at the snap, but Utah also uses him often in coverage, showing off his range as an off-ball defender. Lloyd was used more as a pass-rusher in 2019, racking up 6.5 sacks. He had 16.5 for his career. The versatility stands out as a major plus. I've compared him to former top-five pick Devin White, though I'm curious to see what he runs at the combine to see whether he has the same elite speed as White.
9. David Ojabo, DE, Michigan
HT: 6-5 | WT: 250 | Previously: 9
Ojabo was one of the most impressive newcomers in the country in 2021. A third-year sophomore who spent his youth in Nigeria and Scotland (check out my new colleague Jordan Reid's piece on him for more), he had 11 sacks and five forced fumbles playing on the other side of Aidan Hutchinson. He has flashed advanced pass-rush moves -- check out this spin on the right tackle for a strip sack against Indiana -- and his physical traits pop on tape. While Ojabo needs to work on his all-around game, there's a lot to like. He's still young; he could develop into a elite edge rusher.
10. Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia
HT: 6-0 | WT: 225 | Previously: 12
McShay called dibs on Dean being his guy in this class, but can I still say that he is an awesome prospect? Dean was the leader of one of the best defenses in recent college football history, and he made plays all over the field. He finished the season with 72 tackles, six sacks, two forced fumbles and two interceptions. He flies across the field to blow up plays and is a sure tackler once he gets to the ball. He has some coverage ability and will be a three-down defender at the next level. He could be a top-10 pick.
11. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
HT: 6-3 | WT: 200 | Previously: 16
Gardner is a lockdown corner, and other teams know it. He was targeted just 31 times in 2021, and he allowed only eight catches for 60 yards as the nearest defender in coverage. He was targeted only one time against Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinal, and the throw was incomplete. In fact, there were five games in 2021 that he allowed zero catches. He's a legit No. 1 corner. He had three picks in 2021 and nine in his three-year career with the Bearcats.
12. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
HT: 6-3 | WT: 290 | Previously: 14
Linderbaum is one of the best center prospects in recent memory. He can do everything, and he excels as a puller to either side. He's a fantastic run blocker and is incredibly strong at the point of attack. He doesn't have many weaknesses. Linderbaum allowed just one sack in the 2019 and 2020 seasons combined. He allowed two in 2021, but I'm still huge fan of his game and upside regardless.
13. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
HT: 6-5 | WT: 310 | Previously: 10
Cross leveled up in 2021. He allowed just one sack and five pressures, and that's with playing in a pass-heavy Mike Leach offense. He was dominant against a good LSU front and more than held his own against the mega-talented Alabama defense. He stalemates edge rushers. Cross has long arms and good feet, and his coaches rave about his work ethic and attention to detail. He showed potential last season, his first as a starter, but he's also asked to do a lot in Leach's offense, and so he had some poor pass-blocking reps. He allowed five sacks and 13 pressures on 556 pass blocks in 2020. Based on his 2021 tape, I see a potential top-10 pick, and I mocked him to the Panthers at No. 6 in my debut 1-32 projection.
14. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
HT: 6-2 | WT: 185 | Previously: 6
Williams was one of the best stories of the entire season. The Ohio State transfer had 79 catches for 1,572 yards and 15 touchdowns, and he was targeted 120 times and had just three drops. He turned into the best deep threat in the country. He has blazing speed. Williams, though, tore his ACL in the national title game, which is going to drop him down some teams' boards. He could have been a top-10 pick, and now he's going to slide a little bit. It's a little too early to determine if he's still going in the top 20 picks, but NFL teams will be watching his rehab closely. I was really impressed with his all-around game in 2021; he's a No. 1 NFL receiver when healthy.
15. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
HT: 6-0 | WT: 193 | Previously: 15
Wilson played mostly out of the slot last season, catching 43 passes and averaging almost 17 yards per reception, but he did most of his damage outside in 2021. He's dynamic with the ball in his hands and can run away from defenders after the catch. Here he is doing that against a Minnesota defensive back for a 56-yard score. He had 70 catches for 1,058 yards and 12 touchdowns this season, including six in his final three games. His versatility will help at the next level. Wilson and Chris Olave formed one of the best wideout tandems in the country.
16. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
HT: 6-3 | WT: 220 | Previously: 20
Pickett was the second quarterback taken in my mock draft, but he's still No. 1 on my board. As of now, he's the guy I feel most comfortable about as an NFL starter. Pickett was incredibly impressive in 2021, throwing 42 touchdown passes with seven interceptions. He was up and down the previous two seasons, with 18 picks and an average of 6.9 yards per attempt. He averaged 8.7 this season, taking a huge step in every way. Pickett is accurate to all three levels of the field, has shown patience in taking the checkdown throws when necessary and has good zip on his throws.
My comp for him has been a combo of Derek Carr/Andy Dalton, and NFL teams can win with that kind of guy. As I mentioned in my mock draft, hand size is an issue, and some teams could be scared away from that, because he's expected to have below nine-inch hands, which has been one of the benchmarks for quarterbacks. But there's a lot to like with his improvement, and his ability to use his legs to maneuver the pocket and scramble when he has to is underrated.
play

17. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
HT: 6-1 | WT: 215 | Previously: NR
Willis has been a tough evaluation because of the talent around him. He had to elevate his teammates because he didn't get a lot of help; he was sacked 51 times in 2021, which led the FBS. But as I wrote in my mock draft, NFL evaluators are really high on his ceiling, and he's the most talented quarterback in this class. Can he reach that ceiling? That will depend on the situation in which he lands, but the hope is that once he gets around NFL talent, those players can elevate him.
The Auburn transfer threw 27 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions in 2021, but he had three different three-pick games. He added 13 scores on the ground. His completion percentage dropped from his breakout 2020 season (64.2% to 61.1%), but again, that's not all on him. Willis will be at the Senior Bowl in February, which means he's going to get his shot to impress, as six of the top seven QBs in this class will also be there.
18. Arnold Ebiketie, OLB, Penn State
HT: 6-3 | WT: 256 | Previously: NR
Ebiketie had 9.5 sacks in 2021, which was 3.5 more than he had in his three seasons at Temple. The transfer edge rusher also had two forced fumbles and 19 total tackles for loss, showing off his ability to set the edge in the run game. He has very long arms and could be a prototypical 4-3 end at the next level. He really impressed me when I was going back through the Penn State tape.
19. Travon Walker, DE, Georgia
HT: 6-5 | WT: 275 | Previously: NR
Walker is a great example of why you shouldn't just look at the stat sheet. He pops on tape, even if he doesn't have stellar production. The Georgia defense was loaded with talent, so he wasn't always the one to get a tackle for loss here or a sack there. But he was always around the football, and he blew up several plays. Walker finished the season with six sacks -- including two in the College Football Playoff games. He has a bigger frame than Ebiketie, and he could end up as a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL.
20. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
HT: 6-4 | WT: 270 | Previously: 13
Don't be fooled by Karlaftis having only 4.5 sacks in 2021. He affects games in other ways, and his pressure numbers (13.7%) stacked up well next to the best edge rushers in the country. He gets double-teamed often along the Purdue front, and he is physical in fighting through them. He's tough -- he plays to the whistle and runs down whoever has the ball. He had 11 total tackles for loss. Karlaftis played just three games last season; a positive COVID-19 test in November cut short a promising campaign. As a freshman in 2019, he had 7.5 sacks and 17 total tackles for loss. I think he will test well at the combine, too.
21. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
HT: 6-7 | WT: 321 | Previously: 19
Penning destroyed edge rushers at the FCS level. He's consistently dominant in both the run and pass game. "Rugged" is the word I'd use to describe his game. And though he wasn't playing against NFL-caliber players every week, I think he has a chance to be an elite guy. He played mostly at left tackle for the Panthers, who had 2021 third-rounder Spencer Brown on the right side from 2017 to 2019. Penning has flashed more than Brown did. He could be an early NFL starter. He'll get his chance against NFL talent in the Senior Bowl in February.

22. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
HT: 5-11 | WT: 184 | Previously: 17
Dotson is explosive. He had an incredible leaping catch against Illinois, and look how open he is on this 49-yard touchdown against Wisconsin. Plus, check out Penn State's first offensive play against Villanova, a 52-yard strike to Dotson in which he showed acceleration at the catch. While he had a few drops in 2019 and 2020, he has dropped only two passes this season. He had 91 catches for 1,182 yards and 12 scores, including six in his final four games.
23. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
HT: 6-1 | WT: 188 | Previously: 22
Olave had a tremendously productive four-year career for the Buckeyes, with 176 catches for 2,711 yards and a whopping 35 touchdowns. Thirteen of those scores came in 2021. He's one of the best deep threats in this class -- he averaged 14.6 air yards per target in his career -- and is an improved route runner with great hands, though he did have a few drops this past season. Olave can make defenders look silly in coverage; there are lots of plays on tape in which he doesn't have a player within 5 yards of him.
24. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
HT: 6-3 | WT: 232 | Previously: 24
I wrote about Burks earlier in September, as he tore up Texas A&M and gave its defensive backs fits. Check out his speed on this 85-yard touchdown catch. He has a big catch radius and can play inside or outside, though he did most of his damage out of the slot in 2021. That's an advantage for him because he has the size of a tight end, and he can get matched up on slower safeties. He had 66 catches for 1,104 yards and 11 touchdowns this past season and seven scores in 2020. Concentration drops are an issue. I didn't put him in my latest mock draft, but he could rise if he tests well at the combine.
25. Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
HT: 6-0 | WT: 200 | Previously: NR
Corral is the lone top quarterback in this class who won't be at the Senior Bowl in February; he's not eligible to compete because he hasn't earned his degree from Ole Miss. Still, he's firmly in the mix to be the top signal-caller. I went deeper on his upside in September and wrote about what I liked about his game in October. He's not the biggest quarterback, but he has touch and accuracy and a good-enough arm. He's tough; he injured his ankle in the Rebels' bowl game but is expected to be ready to throw at his pro day in March. Corral finished the season with 31 total touchdowns -- 20 passing, 11 rushing -- and five interceptions. He had two awful games in 2020 in which he three 11 picks, but he avoided those this past season. I also love his ability to use his legs to maneuver the pocket, and he has shown some speed once he does escape the pocket.
play
0:21

Rankings at every position for the 2022 NFL draft
Quarterbacks

1. Kenny Pickett, Pitt
2. Malik Willis, Liberty
3. Matt Corral, Ole Miss
4. Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
5. Sam Howell, North Carolina
6. Carson Strong, Nevada
7. Bailey Zappe, Western Kentucky
8. Kaleb Eleby, Western Michigan
9. Skylar Thompson, Kansas State
10. Dustin Crum, Kent State
Running backs
1. Breece Hall, Iowa State
2. Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State
3. Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M
4. Kyren Williams, Notre Dame
5. James Cook, Georgia
6. Rachaad White, Arizona State
7. D'vonte Price, Florida International
8. Pierre Strong Jr., South Dakota State
9. Brian Robinson Jr., Alabama
10a. Hassan Haskins, Michigan
10b. Kennedy Brooks, Oklahoma
Fullbacks/H-backs
1. Jeremiah Hall, Oklahoma
2. Abram Smith, Baylor
3. Tanner Conner, Idaho State
4. Chigoziem Okonkwo, Maryland
5. Connor Heyward, Michigan State
6. John Chenal, Wisconsin
7. Clint Ratkovich, Northern Illinois
8. Sean Dykes, Memphis
9. Jack Colletto, Oregon State
10. Roger Carter, Georgia State
Wide receivers
1. Drake London, USC
2. Jameson Williams, Alabama
3. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
4. Jahan Dotson, Penn State
5. Chris Olave, Ohio State
6. Treylon Burks, Arkansas
7. George Pickens, Georgia
8. David Bell, Purdue
9. Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama
10a. John Metchie III, Alabama
10b. Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

Tight ends
1. Trey McBride, Colorado State
2. Jalen Wydermyer, Texas A&M
3. Jeremy Ruckert, Ohio State
4. Greg Dulcich, UCLA
5. James Mitchell, Virginia Tech
6. Derrick Deese Jr., San Jose State
7. Cade Otton, Washington
8. Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
9. Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina
10a. Cole Turner, Nevada
10b. Teagan Quitoriano, Oregon State
10c. Dalton Kincaid, Utah
Offensive tackles
1. Evan Neal, Alabama
2. Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
3. Charles Cross, Mississippi State
4. Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa
5. Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio State
6. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota
7. Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
8. Max Mitchell, Louisiana-Lafayette
9. Abraham Lucas, Washington State
10a. Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
10b. Jaxson Kirkland, Washington
10c. Andrew Stueber, Michigan
Guards
1. Zion Johnson, Boston College
2. Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
3. Darian Kinnard, Kentucky
4. Jamaree Salyer, Georgia
5. Sean Rhyan, UCLA
6. Lecitus Smith, Virginia Tech
7. Dylan Parham, Memphis
8. Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma
9. Ed Ingram, LSU
10a. Logan Bruss, Wisconsin
10b. Cole Strange, UT-Chattanooga
10c. Justin Shaffer, Georgia
10d. Thayer Munford, Ohio State
Centers
1. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
2. Dohnovan West, Arizona State
3. Luke Fortner, Kentucky
4. Cameron Jurgens, Nebraska
5. Zach Tom, Wake Forest
6. Nick Ford, Utah
7. Alec Lindstrom, Boston College
8. Doug Kramer, Illinois
9. Dawson Deaton, Texas Tech
10. Grant Gibson, NC State
Defensive ends
1. Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon
3. Travon Walker, Georgia
4. George Karlaftis, Purdue
5. Cameron Thomas, San Diego State
6. Jermaine Johnson II, Florida State
7. Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati
8. Sam Williams, Ole Miss
9. Micheal Clemons, Texas A&M
10a. Amare Barno, Virginia Tech
10b. Josh Paschal, Kentucky
play
0:30

Defensive tackles
1. Jordan Davis, Georgia
2. DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M
3. Logan Hall, Houston
4. Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
5. Phidarian Mathis, Alabama
6. Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
7. Eyioma Uwazurike, Iowa State
8. Travis Jones, Connecticut
9. John Ridgeway, Arkansas
10a. Zachary Carter, Florida
10b. Haskell Garrett, Ohio State
Inside linebackers
1. Devin Lloyd, Utah
2. Nakobe Dean, Georgia
3. Christian Harris, Alabama
4. Damone Clark, LSU
5. Channing Tindall, Georgia
6. Chad Muma, Wyoming
7. Darien Butler, Arizona State
8. Leo Chenal, Wisconsin
9. Quay Walker, Georgia
10a. Jack Sanborn, Wisconsin
10b. Mike Rose, Iowa State
10c. Chance Campbell, Ole Miss
Outside linebackers
1. David Ojabo, Michigan
2. Arnold Ebiketie, Penn State
3. Drake Jackson, USC
4. Brandon Smith, Penn State
5. Kingsley "JJ" Enagbare, South Carolina
6. Jesse Luketa, Penn State
7. Adam Anderson, Georgia
8. Boye Mafe, Minnesota
9. Aaron Hansford, Texas A&M
10a. Christopher Allen, Alabama
10b. Nik Bonitto, Oklahoma
10c. Zakoby McClain, Auburn
Cornerbacks
1. Derek Stingley Jr., LSU
2. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, Cincinnati
3. Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
4. Trent McDuffie, Washington
5. Roger McCreary, Auburn
6. Kyler Gordon, Washington
7. Kaiir Elam, Florida
8. Marcus Jones, Houston
9. Cam Taylor-Britt, Nebraska
10a. Christian Holmes, Oklahoma State
10b. Jaylen Watson, Washington State
10c. Derion Kendrick, Georgia
10d. Josh Jobe, Alabama
10e. Tariq Castro-Fields, Penn State
10f. Jalyn Armour-Davis, Alabama
10g. Coby Bryant, Cincinnati
Safeties
1. Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
2. Daxton Hill, Michigan
3. Jaquan Brisker, Penn State
4. Lewis Cine, Georgia
5. Verone McKinley, Oregon
6. Jalen Pitre, Baylor
7. JoJo Domann, Nebraska
8. Bryan Cook, Cincinnati
9. Tycen Anderson, Toledo
10. Leon O'Neal Jr., Texas A&M
Kickers and Punters

1. Jordan Stout, Penn State (P)
2. Cade York, LSU (K)
3. Jake Camarda, Georgia (P)
4. Ryan Wright, Tulane (P)
5. Andrew Mevis, Iowa State (K)
6. Matt Araiza, San Diego State (P)
7. Ryan Stonehouse, Colorado State (P)
8. Jonathan Garibay, Texas Tech (K)
9. Cameron Dicker, Texas (P)
10a. Blake Hayes, Illinois (P)
10b. Gabe Brkic , Oklahoma (K)
10c. Daniel Whelan, Cal-Davis (P)
10d. Adam Korsak, Rutgers (P)
Long-snappers
1. Cal Adomitis, Pitt
2. Daniel Cantrell, Boise State
3. Jordan Silver, Arkansas
4. Billy Taylor, Rutgers
5. Antonio Ortiz, TCU
6. Damon Johnson, USC
7. Cameron Kaye, Troy
8. Ross Reiter, Colorado State
9. Ethan Tabel, Illinois
10. Keegan Markgraf, Utah
Returners
1. Marcus Jones, Houston
2. Britain Covey, Utah
3. Calvin Austin III, Memphis
4. Jequez Ezzard, Sam Houston State
5. Velus Jones Jr., Tennessee
6. Justin Hall, Ball State
7. Jalen Virgil, Appalachian State
8. Trestan Ebner, Baylor
9. Deven Thompkins, Utah State
10. Travell Harris, Washington State

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Zion Johnson above Kenyon Green is an interesting one, I could see some people ranking Johnson higher because he's more technically sound and maybe a surer bet in terms of his floor, but ultimately I think that Green's versatility/upside gives him the nod.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zion Johnson above Kenyon Green is an interesting one, I could see some people ranking Johnson higher because he's more technically sound and maybe a surer bet in terms of his floor, but ultimately I think that Green's versatility/upside gives him the nod.
Yeah and neither are in his top 25 so it's hard to say how far apart they are. It literally may be a 1 and a 1a for Kiper. I'd love either right now frankly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I think they're close either way.
Yeah I want to watch more of Zion at guard. I think he looked pretty good at LT this past season but he obviously doesn't have the body type to project there. I'd like to see more of what he did at guard. But his highlight plays at guard are fun to watch.

I prefer Green as a guard prospect at this point but I'd really like to see more of Zion Johnson. Gosh they are both fun to watch though. I could see my own opinion flopping back and forth on these two. May even be a situation where if both are still there I'd trade down knowing I'm good with either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I want to watch more of Zion at guard. I think he looked pretty good at LT this past season but he obviously doesn't have the body type to project there. I'd like to see more of what he did at guard. But his highlight plays at guard are fun to watch.

I prefer Green as a guard prospect at this point but I'd really like to see more of Zion Johnson. Gosh they are both fun to watch though. I could see my own opinion flopping back and forth on these two. May even be a situation where if both are still there I'd trade down knowing I'm good with either.
How about you get neither and like it? They will get cute and take some tackle in the second/third and try to convert him, like Kinnard or Sean Rhyan.

Guards are like Centers. Don't let the "value" of the position and economics dictate the process. If there is a pure one who is damn good at their job, take them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about you get neither and like it? They will get cute and take some tackle in the second/third and try to convert him, like Kinnard or Sean Rhyan.

Guards are like Centers. Don't let the "value" of the position and economics dictate the process. If there is a pure one who is damn good at their job, take them.
Yeah I want a guy with some led in his ass. I don't want some Connor Williams moving over to guard. But you're probably right. I don't think we have done particularly good drafting Olineman since the Frederick/Martin picks.

But if you want an elite guard. Draft a guy who was an elite guard in college. Or at least a mauler at OT to move to guard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First three picks are great. The rest? Feh.
Is Daxton Hill a safety or a corner? I see Kiper lists him as a safety. I see PFF lists him as a corner. You're a Michigan guy so I'm curious, what is he? Sounds like he played safety and slot corner.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is Daxton Hill a safety or a corner? I see Kiper lists him as a safety. I see PFF lists him as a corner. You're a Michigan guy so I'm curious, what is he? Sounds like he played safety and slot corner.
I think he split his time relatively equally, if not a slight lean towards slot CB, he's definitely a bit of an oddity for me in the 1st. Kind of a Byron Jones type situation in a different physical package.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he split his time relatively equally, if not a slight lean towards slot CB, he's definitely a bit of an oddity for me in the 1st. Kind of a Byron Jones type situation in a different physical package.
Yeah went back and watched some highlight clips. Seems like most of his work was in the box where he at least looked like a corner to me. He just is physical like a safety despite his size. I'd be nervous projecting him to the deep safety spot where we need a guy.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Despite his size, I think he’s a Safety at the NFL level. I don’t think he adds much value as a long term slot corner unless he has to come in for a few plays if a guy gets hurt.

And, he’s played both FS and SS at Michigan, so he has some versatility in that respect.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Despite his size, I think he’s a Safety at the NFL level. I don’t think he adds much value as a long term slot corner unless he has to come in for a few plays if a guy gets hurt.

And, he’s played both FS and SS at Michigan, so he has some versatility in that respect.
With Zimmer coming back we can go back to the interchangeable safeties!!

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom