2022 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
you believe he will be long gone by 24.
I'm honestly not sure he will be but we will see. Undersized LBers like that tend to fall on draft day. I just don't see the Cowboys drafting yet another LBer that high in the draft personally. Not that he isn't worth the pick.

People bitch about the O-line or WR and using too many resources. Think about all we have sunk at LBer with Jaylon and Vander Esch and Parson (No question this was a steal). Not sure the Cowboys will go there again this high in the draft. Especially on a guy who doesn't have DE like pass rushing ability like Parsons. No question he would be a great fit next to Parsons though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm honestly not sure he will be but we will see. Undersized LBers like that tend to fall on draft day. I just don't see the Cowboys drafting yet another LBer that high in the draft personally. Not that he isn't worth the pick.

People bitch about the O-line or WR and using too many resources. Think about all we have sunk at LBer with Jaylon and Vander Esch and Parson (No question this was a steal). Not sure the Cowboys will go there again this high in the draft. Especially on a guy who doesn't have DE like pass rushing ability like Parsons. No question he would be a great fit next to Parsons though.
They’re counting on Cox to fill the void created by LVE I suppose. Sounds risky.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They’re counting on Cox to fill the void created by LVE I suppose. Sounds risky.
I mean if Cox is healthy I feel pretty good about it. LBers aren't that hard to find and Cox shouldn't have been available when he was. They saw the guy and were getting him on the field right before he got hurt. Now the status of the injury I have no idea.

But you also can't put your eggs in the basket of 2 LBers. Injuries happen and you'll play more than 2 guys. So we will need LBers unless one of the bordline roster guys at LBer looks ready to step up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I would pad my chances and take another LB that is more capable of stepping in from day one and starting in the nickel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I would pad my chances and take another LB that is more capable of stepping in from day one and starting in the nickel.
Yeah I mean we need another LBer. And I'm just assuming we won't sign one in free agency worth a shit. Maybe we can find a Kearse level guy who can contribute but that's our best hope.

Otherwise yeah I'm getting one in the draft. I probably still get one in the draft regardless. I just have my doubts that it will be another first rounder unless they just view a guy like Dean as too good to pass up. I still subscribe to the theory that you need to put the guy upfront and give your LBers a chance to run. Hell Georgia has like 3 good LBers in this draft alone. Tindall looks like a rocket out there.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We won't have any trouble finding LB help, now that the right person is helping look.

I am over the moon about what Quinn was able to do at the position in 2021. Fricking fantastic. Adding Neal, Cox, and Parsons while achieving the impossible in dumping Jaylon-- shit that last part alone.

We are good there, he'll keep improving the position.

My concerns are on the DL and in the secondary, in that order

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Cox is my hero after knocking Dildo Danny’s head into the turf.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That was nice.

But "Dildo Danny"? Are you trying to start a campaign for the nickname?
Got lots of time out here in Aynor.

midswat

... soon
Tell me about Ty Chandler, @midswat @Smitty
Meh.

He played for us under Pruitt, with Jarrett Guarantano as QB so the offenses were pretty boring. Never really flashed IMO. I think has he played in a more open offense where he got to showcase his receiving skills then maybe I would’ve been more impressed. But purely as a runner, went down on first contact too easily and couldn’t really juke a safety on the rare occasions he got to the second level.

Guys like josh Palmer and jauan Jennings and Calloway - I knew they had potential to be really good with good QB play. Jennings still doesn’t have that with craplo. But still, you could see it. Palmer especially. I’ve never been thst impressed with Chandler and didn’t give a f when he transferred from Tennessee.

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
Of Tennessee prospects - and I have no clue if Dallas needs either - but Alontae Taylor if drafted needs to play safety. Could be a stud Safety IMO. Has always played out od position at corner.

Cade Mays will be a good guard. He’s played OT most of his time but has started every position along the line.

No one else will ever be much. Although Matthew Butler is an incredible effort guy and leader. Loved rooting for him. Really blossomed this year with a good DL coach. Had no DL coach last year and sadly played for believe it or not six DL coaches during his time at Tennessee. So maybe if paired with a good organization he’ll earn a roster spot eventually and be a rotation guy.

Everyone raves about Velus Jones as a returner/slot guy but he’s meh IMO.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Alrighty boys, it's officially draft season (free agency doesn't really register in these parts), the 1st round seems pretty cut and dry to me.

We can just sit at 24 and hope someone like Jordan Davis, Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, etc. drops, and if not then the fallback is either Zion Johnson, Jermaine Johnson or Travon Walker.

There's no realistic scenario where all of those guys are gone by 24.

• Love
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alrighty boys, it's officially draft season (free agency doesn't really register in these parts), the 1st round seems pretty cut and dry to me.

We can just sit at 24 and hope someone like Jordan Davis, Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, etc. drops, and if not then the fallback is either Zion Johnson, Jermaine Johnson or Travon Walker.

There's no realistic scenario where all of those guys are gone by 24.
I actually think there are a lot of great options at 24 in this draft. It's weak at the top but great right after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom