2022 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yeah but there are only 3-5 teams who you'd take the Cowboys 25 year history over theirs at this point and you just named two of them.

I get wanting to spare yourself misery but you also have to be honest with yourself. We are not one of the well-run franchises right now.

I would say we are no better than a mediocre-run team, albeit also I do think we get the short end of the stick in terms of league favoritism at this point, which works against us. But we don't help ourselves enough. We make bad personnel decisions and bad coaching decisions, and the front office is not conducive to generating a winner in it's culture.
I never said we are a well run team, I totally agree that with Teh Joneses running the team it will take close to a miracle for the Cowboys to win another SB in fact. But just don't agree that there is no enjoying a game if you don't win the SB.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Cowboys fans: “dude you guys suck…Hurts is terrible, and we stomped your asses BOTH times we played you this year”

Eagles fans: “Yeah, maybe but we won a SB a few years ago with a back up QB and a coach we ended up firing…I wasn’t even alive last time the Cowboys won a SB”.

:lol
Better than:
Eagles fans: “dude you guys suck…Hurts is terrible, and we stomped your asses BOTH times we played you this year”

Eagles fans: “AAAAAND we won a SB a few years ago with a back up QB and a coach we ended up firing…I wasn’t even alive last time the Cowboys won a SB”.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah but there are only 3-5 teams who you'd take the Cowboys 25 year history over theirs at this point and you just named two of them.

I get wanting to spare yourself misery but you also have to be honest with yourself. We are not one of the well-run franchises right now.

I would say we are no better than a mediocre-run team, albeit also I do think we get the short end of the stick in terms of league favoritism at this point, which works against us. But we don't help ourselves enough. We make bad personnel decisions and bad coaching decisions, and the front office is not conducive to generating a winner in it's culture.
While I generally agree with you, we've also been one of the winningest teams in the NFC over the last ~10-15 years so it's difficult to reconcile calling us "mediocre". I'd imagine we're in the top 5ish in the conference just by pure win/loss.

It's just that we've never been able to get over the hump in the playoffs, and at this point I'd just take a NFCC, let alone a god damned Super Bowl.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus lobbying for Philbin replacements, nice.
Yeah and I think they are just wrong about Jordan Davis in terms of not really liking him. It's like they still have the old philosophy of Marinelli.

But Phidarian Mathis from Alabama is a name they mentioned at DT who is probably not getting as much attention as he should. 9 sacks, 6'4" 312 pounds and could be a really good DT in the NFL.

But give me the 6'6" monster from Georgia any day of the week.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

draft boner.
I have a hard time believing that he’d fall to 24, unless teams struggle with figuring out whether he’s a LB or a SS at the NFL level.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Linebacker will be a true need. And if you want what we thought we were getting in Vander Esch, this guy fits the bill.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Linebacker will be a true need. And if you want what we thought we were getting in Vander Esch, this guy fits the bill.

Yeah doing mocks this is a guy I have thought about drafting a lot after the first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1643477616088.png
1643477648643.png

Gonna do this until I get it right. This one is tough as it pretty much takes every guard out of the equation.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
From what I've read into Linderbaum, his lack of size and concerns that he will be pushed around makes me think of Connor Williams. Personally, if I'm taking a first round lineman on either side of the ball I want a mauler.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've read into Linderbaum, his lack of size and concerns that he will be pushed around makes me think of Connor Williams. Personally, if I'm taking a first round lineman on either side of the ball I want a mauler.
He isn't Connor Williams but I won't cry if we drafted Green or Penning instead.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is going to turn into that lazy mock pick to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom